soft cheese

bumpsmum

Mummy to Matthew & Daniel
Reaction score
Is it ok to introduce soft cheese ie philli? going to make some mashed potato for Matthew tonight was wondering if I can add cheese - all I have in tho is philli and not sure if this is safe for baby's? also what about gravy granuals im presuming this is a no-no due to salt content? x x

Found this for you

The "safest" types of cheeses are Cottage cheese, ricotta, cream cheese, processed cheeses and hard cheeses like cheddar and parmesan.

So as long as it's pastureized it should be fine. BUT on that site it also says that cheese is typically introduced to non allergic babies at 8-10mo. But I have also heard dairy...yogurt, cheese and all that cooked into food is ok from 6mo. So really it's up to you, if you don't have any dairy allergies in the familiy and it's being cooked into the potatoes...so really it won't be all that much I would think it's ok.

https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/feedingcheesetobaby.htm

Oh and this is going off of what you mean by philli is Philidelphia cream cheese haha

yeah it is thanks. Left the mash plain just to be safe maybe leave it another while, he has had natural yoghurt and been fine. Thanks for looking into that for me, this weaning makarky is a right minefield x

I started giving dairy products after 6 months with my daughter,and one of the twins was watching us eat breakfast yesterday and i gave her a lick of philly and she loved it.
I think after they have their first taste of dairy,they are ok to be introduced to other stuff as it shows they have no allergies.
Now salt content and everything else is another matter.

I gave Amelie dairy products at around the 6 month mark including cows milk in her porrige and mash and phili on her toast.

No @ our gravy granuals but you can get baby gravy :D I've seen it in boots. You can get baby stock cubes too.

I give ava philly on her toast for breckfast and shes 5 and a half months

Phoebe has philly on her sandwichs and loves it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->