soft cups after mmc???

phoebe

Proud mummy to Florence
Reaction score
hi, i'm fairly new to this site and have found it rather helpful. but pls forgive me if this sounds daft. i lost my baby new yrs day this year, it was my 1st pregnancy after ttc for approx a year. it was a mmc and baby stopped growing at 8ws. and i am now in a all consuming desire to be pregnant again as i'm sure u lovely ladies are too. well anyway i bought some soft cups. and without reading the box properly, i used 1 after bd'ing. i have now however have read the box and internet info and found that they're not to be used after a mc. this has really scared me because now i'm wondering 1) have i damaged anything below? as i've since had a dull ache and spotting since i used it on tues. 2) have any of u girls used them? and whats ur experience been like? 3) what should i do now? i'm really scared i've made a bad situ wosre because i have pcos and diabetes, also i'm an older lady ttc. any thoughts or help would be gratefully received. i did orig posted this thread in the ttc forum and was told i may find more help here. ss for the long winded thread. well ty for taking the time to read this and good luck in our quest for bfp's. regards p xxx:flower

Hi,

I didnt want to read and run. I have not used them but they are classed as safe and as u had your mc in jan im sure u will be fine using them. i think they mean immediately after mc that it may be risky as your cervix would still be open a little and maybe a little tender and prone to infection etc. I would imagine by now u are fully healed as i had my ectopic 5th jan and i am fully healed now ;-)

Good luck getting that bfp xxx

hi africa, thanks for ur quick reply, i've been going thru hell this wk worrying i damaged myself. i have seen a few of ur posts on here and i really hope we both get our bfp's soon hun good luck and best wishes. do keep me posted on how u get on. hugs xxx:flower: isnt it crazy what we are putting ourselves thru on ttc. good luck and again xx:flower:

hi africa, thanks for ur quick reply, i've been going thru hell this wk worrying i damaged myself. i have seen a few of ur posts on here and i really hope we both get our bfp's soon hun good luck and best wishes. do keep me posted on how u get on. hugs xxx:flower: isnt it crazy what we are putting ourselves thru on ttc. good luck and again xx:flower:

U are welcome hun ;-)
yes it is amazing how the maternal instinct kicks in and overwhelms all other emotion to keep us going intill we get our babies ;-) and we WILL have our babies it just takin a lil longer than we would of liked ;-)

Hope u get ur bfp asap and we end up in dd club together with all the other ladies here :happydance:

xxx

If I had to guess, I would guess that they mean not to use them for the bleeding immediately following a MC. Since you are a few months down the line, you are probably fine.

It will be the same rule as tampons after a miscarriage, you can't use them for the actual miscarriage bleeding but once you are on to your next period after that you will be fine.

The reason being that your cervix is slightly open after a miscarriage so you increase the risk of infection if you use a tampon or cup or anything.

I'm with the other ladies on this one. I had my mc in Dec and am using softcups now - haven't had any problems with them.

Fxd for your BFP :)

hx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"