Solids before 4 months.

milf2be, this is not the OP asking the question. It was someone who asked in context of the thread.

Just for your information I gave my baby a spoonful of porridge yesterday she also had all of her bottles, of course if you replace your baby's milk diet for a food diet then she isn't going to be getting what she needs, but this isn't what I am doing I am very happy with how my baby reacted to the extra nutrition yesterday and will be doing it again today I am more than aware of the risks involved in weaning early but this is not what I am doing, I am giving her a spoonful of baby porridge not a bowl full of chilli con carne.

I'm sorry to sound harsh, but a spoonful of baby porridge wouldn't make much of a nutritional difference if she had all her bottles. :shrug: I still suggest you talk to your doctor or HV for further advice to make sure what you're doing is the right thing. I mean, we all have motherly instincts, but when it comes to weaning, I would rather be safe than sorry. Just my opinion.

Just for your information I gave my baby a spoonful of porridge yesterday she also had all of her bottles, of course if you replace your baby's milk diet for a food diet then she isn't going to be getting what she needs, but this isn't what I am doing I am very happy with how my baby reacted to the extra nutrition yesterday and will be doing it again today I am more than aware of the risks involved in weaning early but this is not what I am doing, I am giving her a spoonful of baby porridge not a bowl full of chilli con carne.

i agree with you hun my son is a week younger than your baby and is taking his normal bottles and bits of baby rice and bits of puree veg or fruit he loves it ,and bnb is here for support not people telling you that your not feeding properly even if it is their opinion ,, i feel that what i am doing is ok for my son and you feel it is ook for your baby, as long as they are happy and its not too much for them at once then we should carry on

i agree with you hun my son is a week younger than your baby and is taking his normal bottles and bits of baby rice and bits of puree veg or fruit he loves it ,and bnb is here for support not people telling you that your not feeding properly even if it is their opinion ,, i feel that what i am doing is ok for my son and you feel it is ook for your baby, as long as they are happy and its not too much for them at once then we should carry on

So, I should just agree and say she's doing the right thing even if I don't agree? She asked for opinions.

So, I should just agree and say she's doing the right thing even if I don't agree? She asked for opinions.

Not at all you are completely entitled to your own opinion, but telling someone they are doing wrong for their baby I don't agree with you should put your point across why you think it may not be the correct choice.
But at the end of the day we all do best for our baby's and I believe what I am doing is the best for my baby and you should respect my decision. I'm sorry but a doctor and health visitor can advise but no-one will tell me what's best for my baby because I know my baby best.

There are hundreds doing it hun it's just most people are afraid to admit it because they know they will get shot down. My baby loved the extra bit of food yesterday and I will be carrying on because if she wasn't ready she wouldn't have taken to a spoon as well as she did. Their is a woman in my baby massage class who started giving her baby food aswell she is a week younger than my daughter, x

I'm sorry you didn't like my opinion, but my opinion is that you are wrong for doing it so soon. I will continue to express my opinions because this is a PUBLIC forum. If you ask on here for an opinion, you need to be prepared for the response.

Not going to comment on the weaning early as it is pointless i think!

Can i ask though Amy in your previous post you said your baby was doing hungry poo's?!?! I've never heard of this before was it a typo or what is it im really intrigued lol x

milf2be, this is not the OP asking the question. It was someone who asked in context of the thread.

my mistake, amy_1234 then, my advice stays the same

yes and shes made her decision now, so now all you're doing is critisising her parenting choice.

Nope, I'm expressing my opinion. I think when you wean early, you need to discuss it with a doctor.

Can i ask though Amy in your previous post you said your baby was doing hungry poo's?!?! I've never heard of this before was it a typo or what is it im really intrigued lol x

This information came from a health professional, when a baby is hungry or not had enough nutrition your baby's poop will go very watery and greenish in colour my baby has only ever done these type of poos a handfull of times before I put her on hungry baby milk and know because her milk isn't satisying her enough this is how I know she needs something a little extra. I'm not up for starving my baby because the book says otherwise!

Nope, I'm expressing my opinion. I think when you wean early, you need to discuss it with a doctor.

Doctors don't know everything and my mom is a health professional I'm sure she would tell me if she thought I was doing wrong as she is very opinionated.

Thomas has had some green watery poos. Once when he was ill with a blood infection and the other times it was just random. He's still happy with 4-6oz.

I want to wean as late as possible, I refuse to believe my baby is growing up :rofl:

Some people need to live by the book some people choose to make their own decisions that's what it boils down to.

This information came from a health professional, when a baby is hungry or not had enough nutrition your baby's poop will go very watery and greenish in colour my baby has only ever done these type of poos a handfull of times before I put her on hungry baby milk and know because her milk isn't satisying her enough this is how I know she needs something a little extra. I'm not up for starving my baby because the book says otherwise!

Thanks for replying, I've honestly never heard of this and my baby had watery green poo for months due to a CMPI, a HV did tell me it was a sign of colic once but seems a bit odd to say that would be because they need food :shrug:

Some people need to live by the book some people choose to make their own decisions that's what it boils down to.

:rofl: I love when people say I read too much about how to care for my baby. I wouldn't be able to make informed decisions if I didn't. You're getting all up in arms about my opinions. Why is that?

I'm sorry you didn't like my opinion, but my opinion is that you are wrong for doing it so soon. I will continue to express my opinions because this is a PUBLIC forum. If you ask on here for an opinion, you need to be prepared for the response.

but you dont need to give your opinion numerous times, if she doesnt agree with it the first time, i dount she will the second or third :dohh:

yes you are allowed to express your opinion, but shes made her decision now and is carrying it out. so its more of a case of im going to express my opinion whether it upsets you or not, critises your parenting decision and tell you that you are wrong.

im sorry if this sounds harsh but you are not helping now and im not sure what you want to achieve? a medal for not weaning your baby early? it'll be a long wait!

Wow.....ummmmmmmmm..............I was being pretty damn nice in my opinions. I'm seriously biting my tongue now. I'm sure amy doesn't need you to defend her.

My daughter is a very happy baby I would not make a decision on something If I thought it was going to effect my baby in a bad way but really how much difference can a week make? Your opinions sent going to change my mind so you can carry on posting all you want if it makes you feel better. And milf2be was expressing her opinions not defending me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->