Solihul Hospital (near Birmingham)

Imaan

Reaction score
Hiya all,

My GP has just referred me to Solihull, Birmingham to start my mad fertility journey. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this hopsital. What's it like? how long before the initial appt? then how long between appts?

Thank you :baby:

Hey hun I am at solihull hospital-was there this morning!! I have been really happy-they referred us in October 2010 and had my first app within about 3 weeks-this was with the nurse who was lovely. We were then sent for tests and I had to have my HSG at heartlands. We went back to see the consultant on 16th December and all tests were good so she said we can go away and carry on for a while ( we are on cycle 11 ttc) or go on clomid to speed things up as she put it. We opted for clomid and we are on cd 11 and having tracking every 2 days but they do this at 8am so it doesnt interfere with work too much. I know that in solihull you only get one shot at IVF on NHS which sucks but apart from that I have been happy with the speed and care-I just wish my BFP would hurry up. How long have you been ttc hun? x

Hey hun I am at solihull hospital-was there this morning!! I have been really happy-they referred us in October 2010 and had my first app within about 3 weeks-this was with the nurse who was lovely. We were then sent for tests and I had to have my HSG at heartlands. We went back to see the consultant on 16th December and all tests were good so she said we can go away and carry on for a while ( we are on cycle 11 ttc) or go on clomid to speed things up as she put it. We opted for clomid and we are on cd 11 and having tracking every 2 days but they do this at 8am so it doesnt interfere with work too much. I know that in solihull you only get one shot at IVF on NHS which sucks but apart from that I have been happy with the speed and care-I just wish my BFP would hurry up. How long have you been ttc hun? x

Oh lovely to hear from you (wishing your all the best!) how are you getting on with the chlomid? It has gone pretty quick for you then! that's great news.

I have been ttc for 7yrs but never really did much about it as got busy with life etc. Cycles are regular but been using CBFM and found out that I only ovulated 3/8 cycles (been monitoring for the past 8 months).

I really don't know what to do as my hub is working abroad and if they put me on Chlomid they would need to track me every 2 days right? I'm just wondering how on earth we are going to do this with him being away.

Hiya Hun-thanks for the well wishes. With regards to the clomid, its ok-been feeling v tired, hot flushes and emotional. Past couple of days had stomach twinges which are odd. Some ladies have worse symptoms and some none so it varies a lot!

I used the CBFM but the FS said not to-they are not always reliable and it can cause more stress. How many days a week does hubby work away?

If they put you on clomid then yes they will track you for the first cycle and thats every two days or so from cd 9 or 10-ovulation-they recommend dtd every other day during that time. You then have to go for bloods 7 days after to check you ovulated. However, only you need to go to these appointments. My hubby has to leave for work at 6 am so I have been going on my own. They only track for cycle 1 to check all is ok. If it is you can have up to 6 cycles I think (we have only been prescribed 3 at this stage) obviously if there is a problem they will track you again ie if they up the dosage.

However, it isnt an automatic that you will be put on clomid. They will have to do a whole load of other tests first to see if there is any other reason preventing your BFP. x

My husband is away until December 2011 :( we do see each other but obviously not BD every other day.

Really they said not to use the CBFM? I found it helpful as I don't appear to get any EWCM and temps didn't work for me. I can see what they mean about being stressful though and it all seems rather clinical when we do BD.

I will hang in there and see what they offer. Then we can make a decision about how we are going to BD being a million miles apart! :(

Thanks for your reply... and I am wishing you all the best on your journey. Keep me posted xxx

Ahh I see! Well they can at least do your tests-it could be that its something they could fix quite easily. If not, it will be up to you as what step to take next. I can imagine they may say it wont help if Dh is away as you need to be dtd regularly and this may slow things down but who knows?

Yes I shall keep you posted and you keep me posted too!! Good luck hun x

Ahh I see! Well they can at least do your tests-it could be that its something they could fix quite easily. If not, it will be up to you as what step to take next. I can imagine they may say it wont help if Dh is away as you need to be dtd regularly and this may slow things down but who knows?

Yes I shall keep you posted and you keep me posted too!! Good luck hun x

I know! that's what I am thinking too. I will keep you posted... and you never know... we might bump in to each other in the hospital :)

Take care and all the best for this month! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"