some advice needed

mummy2one

DS (8) OH (34) ME (30)
Reaction score
Hi ladies I suffered a miscarriage on th 16th-20th of this month, had a scan on the 28th which showed nothing, the midwife then told me everything had come away :wacko:
I just wondered if and when my period will return as they said to have a full cycle before trying again :shrug: I have also heard that women are more fertile after a mc and was wondering if this is an old wifes tale?

Still a little weepy at times but want to start trying again as soon as we can.............does that make me/us selfish? :cry:

Mummy2one...it's hard to say when your AF may start again. For each woman it can be a different experience. W/ my first MC, my AF arrived right on-time, 28 days later...but was VERY heavy and I bled for 9 days. My AF arrived after my 2nd MC 21 days later, and was light and last 3 days. So even for myself, it was different. They say it can take anywhere between 4-6 weeks. If it's long than 6 weeks, you should see your Dr. to check and make sure everything is A-okay.

As far as "does that make me/us Selfish?" No way. I was talking to a few of my friends recently who have had MCs as well, and we all have agreed that for women, I think, part of the healing process is having a healthy pregnancy and eventually delivering the baby. It will not replace the baby that was lost, but it mends wounds and cancels fears that you may have right now. So, you need to do what you feel is healthy for your body, but also right for you emotionally! Only you can decide that, and whatever you choose to do is okay.

*hugs!* It's hard times I know...

So sorry for your loss. I'm in the same situation and all I can think about is when/if my cycle will go back to normal so that we can start TTC again. I don't think this makes you selfish, you wanted a baby and you still want that despite having had a miscarriage. It doesn't mean you don't/didn't care about the baby you lost, it just means you still have the same dream of holding a newborn in your arms. There is nothing wrong with wanting to try again right away. I hope your AF shows soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->