Some advice on Vitamin B6 please

lauraloo24

Reaction score
After a chemical in April, I decided to start taking B6 in a bid to lengthen my luteal phase as I wondered if a short luteal phase was the reason for the early loss. I started with 50mg/day and this didnt make any difference to my 11 day LP so I increased it to 100mg/day and this month my LP increased to 13 days.

My question is, I've been taking it all month and I did notice ovulation was delayed by a day, and also I had spotting around ovulation for the first time. I was wondering, should I only be taking it after ovulation? Also, if I keep taking it does it keep lengthening my LP each month? As I ovulated at CD16 this month I ended up having a 30 day cycle and dont want it getting a lot longer.Any advice appreciated.

I take it all month and 100mg

First month i O a day late but still had an. 8 day lp.

The past 2 cycles I had O 3-4 days early and lp lengthened to 11 days

I'm a huge fan of B6. I took it last time I was TTC 3 years ago (100mg) and it didn't change my LP much at all. Maybe by one day? O didn't change. This time TTC (first month TTC but 3rd month taking B6) I've been taking 200mg all month long and my LP was a full 14 days with NO spotting. Very little PMS - it is awesome. There's an old thread on here called 'Progesterone and B6' or something similar and it has lots of stories.

I also heard that taking it beginning at AF is most important, since that's when you're building up your follicles.

take it all cycle- I take a 100mg b-complex- a sustained release formula. When I was TTC my first I started out with a 9 day LP- after a couple months of taking it it varied between 10-11 days. Never lengthened more than that.

Thanks for all your advice ladies. Did you find when you started taking it that your periods were a bit heavier?

No, my periods didn't change in flow after taking it. The first cycle I took it TTC 3 years ago I got some hot flashes while taking it - thought that was strange.

Minehave gotten shorter.. I only have one day of heavy flow the rest is just near spotting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->