Some advice please re Periods

Raggydoll

Reaction score
I was on Cerazette for years before I TTC. I never had a period whilst taking it. I stopped taking it at the beginning of 2009.

Following the birth of my LO I went back onto Cerazette. I have had really erratic periods since. My first PP period lasted 19 weeks. Since then I have an irregular cycle. I can sometimes have only a couple of days between bleeds sometimes two weeks.

The bleeding isn't heavy but I do get bad cramping for which I've been prescribed mefenamic acid (sp). I have been to the doctors a few times and been told it can take 6,8,12 months for your period to settle down. I've not been to see a DR about my period since just before LO was one as they kept changing how long it would take to settle down everytime I reached the last goalpost.

However, nearly 15 months later it's still all over the place and I'm now getting sharp back pains.

Should I see my GP again, or is it the case my periods will always be like this due to having LO and suck it up?

Thanks

I didn't want to read and run, but I also don't have much good advice to share. I too have irregular periods, but haven't had any PP periods yet. I would be concerned about the sharp back pains, and the fact that sometimes there are only a few days between bleeds. if possible you should try to see another doctor, preferably a gynocologist. They may have more insight. And if they brush you off, be assertive, sometimes you really have to push doctors in order to get the care you need.

Thanks Hun. Some Dr's have a way of making you feel like a hyperchondriac.

I'll try another of the doctors at me surgery. Unfortunately I think I need a GP referral to see Gynae.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->