Some advice please? :)

JCsquaredd

Bun #1 in the oven<3
Reaction score
I've been a POAS addict this "month." I use quotations because it has actually been close to 50 days since day 1 of my last period. Oyi. I never know when (or if) I ovulate because my cycles are so random.

I keep thinking, KNOWING, that I have my period but when I go to the bathroom to check, it's not there. I had a tiny bit of brown spotting yesterday and the day before I passed a small ..piece of uterine tissue?.. but no blood at all. I have all of my usual symptoms of my period (very light/brief cramps here and there and a lower back ache) haven't actually had any flow. I've taken HPTs often since day 32 or so of this cycle. All :bfn:. I've never had a "period" like this. On or off of the pill I never had random spotting! :shrug:

My last month on BCP was December. I got my next period right on time, 30 days later. After that I went almost 60 days and like I said earlier, now I'm on day 48(ish).

I guess should say that I was being overly optimistic that my cycle would be "normal" this month because DH and I were "careful" for the first three, -maybe- four weeks, but after that I thought it was OK to not use protection. Here we are 7 weeks later with somethin' weird goin' on!

Anyone have any ideas? I don't have any children and DH and I are not actively "trying" so this is all new to me.:nope: I was waiting for my period to come to make a gyno appointment to discuss my irregularity. The thing is, being "irregular" is regular for me when I'm not on the pill but random brief spotting is not!

Thanks for reading :thumbup"

Where you irregular before you went on the pill?
I'd go to the docs hun. Although they will probably just suggest you go back on the pill,unless you are wanting to conceive? :flower:

Where you irregular before you went on the pill?
I'd go to the docs hun. Although they will probably just suggest you go back on the pill,unless you are wanting to conceive? :flower:

Mhm, I've always been irregular. I stopped taking the pill because it wasn't so great for my sex drive and I don't like the idea of having chemicals/artificial hormones in my body. :shrug::nope:

I went of the pill a year ago and my periods are still irregular. Most cycles 30 days or so but one cycle was 50 something days. Also since going off the pill I spot sometimes before my period and I never spotted before the pill or while on it. It could just be your body figuring itself out again. I'm not TTC but personally, I'll never go back on the pill.

Hi honey, i would go see your GP as they might suggest something to try regulate your cycles, can't do any harm to go anyway. They could even do an HPT blood test to be doubly sure. I have heard so many stories about people coming off the pill and having a few months of irregular bleeding or even no bleeding so if it helps it is 'normal' and fairly common, as annoying as it may be. I am so glad i came off bc, was difficult for a while but i won't ever put my body through that again! Good luck and keep us updated xxx

You could try charting (temperatures and mucus)? Even if your cycles are very irregular it should help you figure out whether you ovulate or not. And if you do it'll help you predict when AF is due to arrive.

I second the BBT suggestion! My cycles have been irregular in the past too, giving me numerous false alarms. A big reason I went on BC, but it killed my sex drive and I want to be more in tuned with my fertility while wtt myself.

try fertilityfriend.com, it is pretty awesome!

Thanks for the advice everyone! I really appreciate it. It's stressful being off b.c. pills and having irregular cycles because of the false alarms! I'm going to set up a visit with my G.P. really soon. At this point even if something is wrong I'd rather know that just be constantly stressed out.

I would definitely suggest charting, which can be as simple as just taking your temp every morning.
I have mild PCOS and the irregular periods were becoming very stressful for me - after my mc I was always convinced I was pregnant again. Charting has been a god-send. The relief of seeing the temperature change around ovulation and knowing when to expect a period sounds like such a small thing to most women who are lucky enough to be regular, but for me it's been brilliant.
Good luck hun, hope you get it sorted

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->