Some people are so nice

vicwick

Expecting baba #2
Reaction score
Just been to see a customer of mine who i helped this week and she gave me a bag full of baby stuff as she has a 3 month old little boy, she said its all brand new as he didn't get a chance to wear it i just thought it was such a lovely thing for her to do!!!! Has put a big smile on my face cos there isn't many of my customers who are grateful in my job thats for sure. Just thought i'd share my nice experience!!!

That is so lovely. What job do you do?

Aww its nice when people are thoughtful like that. What job do you do?

I'm a Housing Officer and i offered her a house but i just got told we're not supposed to accept presents so think i have to take it back :dohh:

Oh dear - perhaps you should have kept that one quiet! Thats why I was asing what you did - it's unusual to be able to accept gifts!
They won't sweep it under the carpet and let you keep it just this once?

Thats lovely of her. Hopefully you dont have to take it back! That would be a shame! xx

Well i've only told a colleague about it and not my manager so debating if i should just stay quiet, its not like the lady bought them for me she is just getting rid of stuff she doesn't need i suppose?!!!!

I got a gift from a client the other day and kept it quiet...it was only small but really didnt want to offend by having to give it back! Hope you get to keep it hun!

Hope you get to keep the clothes, be a shame otherwise x

It's so mean spirited for companies to say 'no gifts' espesially when it's a simple token of appreciation. Keep 'em honey, sod it. :D

They are hidden in my car, i'm sayin nothing to anyone!!!!

Of course, imagine hopw hurt that poor lady would of been if i said no!!!! :rofl:

You're Office might have a 'gift' book and you can write down what you're bought and it's 'value'. If you put value as something ridiculous like under a fiver then you should get away with it. That's what they do in our office and it's Local Authority. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->