Some people are so rude!!!

Couldn't agree.more. My nans 84 and will always admit that on buses or out in general it's always a young person that will help out or give up their seat.

What really bugs me is old people jumping n front of everyone for lifts. In our local shopping center theres lifts stairs and escalators right next to each other. But rather than just step on to the escalator they'd rather wait ages bitch about the people waiting with pushchairs and barge everyone out the way. Me and my friend got in the lift before an old woman managed to push in, she reached through the lift hit my friend, swore and then stuck her fingers up at us. All this from someone mid to late 70s. Its pretty funny looking back at it but at the time was shocking.

I don't understand why a lot of elderly people think its ok to just lash out and hit people. I was walking through the village with my LO in his buggy a few months ago and some idiotic old man hit him on the foot with his walking stick. It wasn't accidental, he actually reached out with his stick and hit LO on the foot. I had been walking slowly, patiently behind him because the path was narrow, when we got to a much wider area I went around him. It was as I was walking around him that he reached over to hit LO. At first I thought it was a mistake then I looked and he had this horrible snarly look on his face. I told him he better hold onto that stick and keep it away from my LO or it would be shoved up his arse. He mumbled something as I was walking away from him.

I was so angry though, I really wanted to slap him. My LO wasn't sure what was going on, he looked so confused and upset. It really annoyed me that someone could be so horrible to a baby.

That is disgusting. I think i would of got the stick off him and hit him back lol.

This reminds me of a few weeks ago.. Some if the newer buses round here have two buggy spaces. Went to get on the bus and one space was taken by a buggy but the woman had taken her child (probably about 4 years old anyway) and then they'd sat in the OTHER buggy space!! I then had to ask her to move and she huffed and puffed, I was like wtf?! She could have easily folded the empty buggy so another could get on too, her son clearly didn't need it anyway.

Does my head in when prams are on and they have kids in that are 4 or years old and there is u with a toddler that u have to take out

Does my head in when prams are on and they have kids in that are 4 or years old and there is u with a toddler that u have to take out

How do you know that the toddler isn't disabled though. It is also rude to just assume just because you don't see a disability that there isn't one there.

My cousin's wife has a serious heart condition and has a handicap parking sticker so parked in the handicap spot, when she got out of the car this old man came over and started shouting at her and hit her with his cane. She told him off and walked away. She said she gets it all the time because she doesn't look disabled or sick, but she is very weak.

How do you know that the toddler isn't disabled though. It is also rude to just assume just because you don't see a disability that there isn't one there.

My cousin's wife has a serious heart condition and has a handicap parking sticker so parked in the handicap spot, when she got out of the car this old man came over and started shouting at her and hit her with his cane. She told him off and walked away. She said she gets it all the time because she doesn't look disabled or sick, but she is very weak.

So when u see the child keep getting out the pram jumping around and getting back in thats what i meant

I would move so the pushchair would fit but not so you could sit down! That space doesn't come with a seat and I rarely move so the pushchair person can sit down, why cant you stand? Im a nanny and have used pusnchairs and prams on busses for years and always stand if the seat beside the space isn't free....most people do not expect the seat from my experience.

similar thing happened to me a while back. I got on the bus and on one side there was a shopping bag on wheels and the other side was an old woman sat talking to her friends on the front row of seats. I asked her to move so I could get the pushchair in - which she did, reluctantly - and I heard the old bids on the front seat mutter about there being space the other side. So basically they wanted me to park the pushchair up next to the shopping trolley and STAND for half an hour, or leave Fran alone which obviously wasn't going to happen (because there wasn't space for me to sit down) just so they could have a gossip - I don't bloody think so lol!

I would move so the pushchair would fit but not so you could sit down! That space doesn't come with a seat and I rarely move so the pushchair person can sit down, why cant you stand? Im a nanny and have used pusnchairs and prams on busses for years and always stand if the seat beside the space isn't free....most people do not expect the seat from my experience.
I'm not sure how it is there but in Ireland there's a space for a buggy and a seat in that space that folds. It allows someone with a buggy to sit. I rarely use the seat unless we're on a long journey or I feel a bit off. I've had plenty of people offer me their seat opposite the pram space if the fold up seat was broken or someone elderly was sat in it. I've never accepted because I don't need to but I've seen people who looked so worn out/sick, etc.... who have taken the seat when offered. As long as the other person gets a seat further back then I don't see the problem allowing a tired mother/father/nanny etc.. have a seat next to their child.

similar thing happened to me a while back. I got on the bus and on one side there was a shopping bag on wheels and the other side was an old woman sat talking to her friends on the front row of seats. I asked her to move so I could get the pushchair in - which she did, reluctantly - and I heard the old bids on the front seat mutter about there being space the other side. So basically they wanted me to park the pushchair up next to the shopping trolley and STAND for half an hour, or leave Fran alone which obviously wasn't going to happen (because there wasn't space for me to sit down) just so they could have a gossip - I don't bloody think so lol!

I'm not sure how it is there but in Ireland there's a space for a buggy and a seat in that space that folds. It allows someone with a buggy to sit. I rarely use the seat unless we're on a long journey or I feel a bit off. I've had plenty of people offer me their seat opposite the pram space if the fold up seat was broken or someone elderly was sat in it. I've never accepted because I don't need to but I've seen people who looked so worn out/sick, etc.... who have taken the seat when offered. As long as the other person gets a seat further back then I don't see the problem allowing a tired mother/father/nanny etc.. have a seat next to their child.

Oh right we dont have the folding seat on the busses round where I am, theres the space and then 2 seats at the side. Dont have a problem with moving either just that I got the impression from the post that I quoted that it was expected the woman would move so mum would sit beside pushchair and poster was annoyed she had to ask said lady to move seat as surely she wasnt going to stand for the journey! Just think that comes accross as incredibly entilted.

It that was aimed at me i didnt sit on the seat i stood up my 3 year old daughter sat on the seat

I hate it and I don't even have a child! It really grinds my gears, I make a point to shake my head at the person who isn't moving :haha:

Around here it's usually old women who want a natter to their friends.

xxx

mummy said:
It that was aimed at me i didnt sit on the seat i stood up my 3 year old daughter sat on the seat

My post? it wasnt, It was aimed at the poster who seemed shocked someone would expect her to stand because she had a pushchair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->