some people are so rude!!

gingerclaire

Reaction score
Im upset and lonely at mo, as I live in a different country from my family and because we need money my hubby has just taken a job working away wed-sun, so im on my own :cry:
my friend (24yrs old) just been round to see me with here new boyfriend (40+, no kids) bit of a weird o
I was saying I hope I dont go into labour without him here, I have no family and not many friends none which I would want here seeing me with my legs wide out :blush:
they were just about to leave we stood up, he patted my belly and said you aint the 1st to have a baby, dont worry they have good drugs :growlmad:
I thought this was rude, but I didnt know what to say, me and hubby aint been apart since we got together 4yrs ago
Is it my hormones or am I right thinking this was rude

a little rude and a little thoughtless, some people have no concept of what a huge emotional and physical upheaval having a baby can be. i wouldn't stress on it though, unfortunately we will all encounter these people and take what they say with a pinch of salt (then burst into tears in private and curse them for hurting our feelings) :hugs:

Didn't seem rude to me, other than touching your belly.. I can't stand it when people I barely know touch my bump :growlmad:

I think that was a rude thing to say! I probably would have swung for him.
Yesterday an old lady said to me, "i thought pregnancy was supposed to give you good skin? oh well.."

maybe not rude but definately out of place from someone you dont know! and he hasnt experianced it himself either! im sure if he was in your situation it would be a different story! men definately couldnt go through childbirth!

I think that was a rude thing to say! I probably would have swung for him.
Yesterday an old lady said to me, "i thought pregnancy was supposed to give you good skin? oh well.."

omg lol how rude!!!!!!!

I dont think it was rude I think it was just plain patronising. Many people say things like "youre not the first woman to have a baby" or "lots of women have been where you are, stop whining" but I just think we all have a right to lol.
I wouldnt have liked him touching me though! Weird.

i know what you mean but i think by saying 'you're not the first to have a baby' he meant you will be taken care of not that you're OTT, if you know what i mean :hugs:

very patronising!! Id like to see him try and push one out! :haha:

He's just ignorant hon, he probably has no experience of dealing with or being around pregnant woman, so he's coming off as a bit insensitive.

I wasnt moaning about having a baby or the pain, I just said I hope my hubby is there, Im sure no one wants to be on there own do they, if someone said to me I hope my hubby is there, I would say something like dont worry im sure he will be here, not you aint the 1st to have a baby!!!

Sounds like he meant well, it just didn't come out right at all! lol. Sometimes men just say it like they think it is and don't think about how we are more emotional thinkers ya know? I wouldn't necessarily say it was a rude thing to say... but a bit odd as you just met! lol. Especially the rubbing of the belly!

Hope all works out well for you hun and hubby is able to be there... :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"