Some questions.... :)

LouLau

Reaction score
Hello!
I hope this is the right place to post this, I'm sorry if it isn't!!
I just have a couple of questions that I cant seem to find any answers to. We would like to try for a baby early next year, I currently have the contraceptive implant in my arm, I am a little unsure on when I should have it removed. I know I should be able to concieve from the very next day but I wondered if it would effect the folic acid I've started taking or anything else. Perhaps I should have it removed earlier.
My next query is regarding omega 3 supplements, I do not eat fish or meat. I don't mind taking a fish oil supplement but they all seem to have vit A. should I carry on taking the one I currently have for a few months yet? I am currently taking the Equazen Eye Q capsules @ 6 per day for the first 12 weeks.
Also, should my partner be taking any supplements? I've heard that zinc would be a good idea.
Thank you
Laura

I personly would get the implant out about 3-4 months before you ttc and use comdoms untill they settle into a regular pattern. Mine took about 4m to return to normal after coming contraception.

As for omega 3, id just get some thing like a pregnacare which has it all in one. You can get his and hers suplaments from boots.

I agree with Lozzy, it may be worth getting the contraceptives out of your system, especially if you are planning to chart to find out when you are most fertile, that way you can monitor your cycles first.

I get my Omega 3, 6 and 9 from ASDA as they are vegetarian and am taking Sanatogen Mother to Be, they come in a dual pack with Father to Be which is quite sweet.

Hi Laura!

I agree with the girls above, I'd have it taken out a bit sooner and monitor cycles for a while.

As for supplements, I would say talk to your GP. Seeing as you're a vegetarian you'll need to make extra sure you're getting all the nutrients that baby needs. I don't think vitamin A is a problem before your actually TTC, but I'd double check anyway.

Have you had your rubella checked yet? Because if you need a jab, then now would be the time to do it as well. You're supposed to wait several months (I think most doctors say 3 now) before TTC after the jab.

yep i agree, i would probably come off it a good few months before ttc, so you can see what your cycles are like. i would also speak to your doc about what supplements he recommends for you, i just took folic acid before maddi, but next time i think i will take some of though pregnancy ones from boots as lozzy suggests :D x

yep, take it out a few months before so you can get into a good cycle.
wouldnt take vits with vitamin a in though as they can be damaging, take pregnacare - they have the right balance of everything :) xxx

Regarding the supplements, be sure that your fish oil is not fish liver oil. That would definitely have very high doses of Vit.A - more than recommended for pregnancy.

Hiya!
I'm getting the implanon taken out in december and trying from febuary onwards.
For vits try pregnacare omega 3.

Well I think everyone's answered your question, so I will just drop by with a :wave: hello :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->