Some Spotting on TP - would you tell DH?

Spudtastic

Reaction score
Ladies
I'm feeling a bit down today as I have had funny aches all day (the same aches I had when i was bleeding two weeks before my erpc). Then I found a bit of red blood on the tp.
Now i also have a bit of thrush and I suppose I could have been itching without thinking about it and caught myself. I really hope that's it.
My midwife is writing me a prescription for the thrush.

in the meantime the spotting could be the start of another miscarriage or it could have been the itching/thrush etc. I have a scan on Tuesday so it's a matter of wait and see.

Would you tell DH? My instinct is not to tell him in case it's just the thrush etc so he doesn't worry needlessly. Or do I tell him so he knows my worries. But honestly he won't be much use to me if I do tell him.

And I'm currently at work, feeling sick as a dog, trying to do payroll (and procrastinating on b and b - I'm my own boss so it's ok).

I always tell my husband right away if there are any worries during my pregnancies..
I feel I need his support and also feel he has a right to know whats going on.
He is very reassuring and helpful though, calm and collected (he's a paramedic) so I think he has a good personality to handle stressful situations.
If you feel your husband will react in an anxious paranoid way then maybe just wait and see if things get worse (hopefully they don't!!)
Good luck!
By the way, light spotting is normal..I had spotting that turned to heavy bleeding right away with my miscarriage..so as long as it doesn't get heavy I would try not to worry too much!

I see now that you have suffered miscarriages before so you know what happens !
Im hoping for a positive outcome for you!

I started spotting brown and told DH right away. I need his support. I had started freaking out because I've had a MC too and it started with brown spotting.
I think if he had an important meeting he was about to go in to, I would wait to tell him after he was done with the meeting.
But he's been calm, gave me cuddles and has let me rest while taking care of nearly everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->