some suggestions please?

Stephytiggs

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am 7+5 and currently struggling with feeling extremely sick but only when my stomach becomes empty.. I literally go from not hungry at all to if I
Don't eat now I'm guna throw up!

I am seriously sick of the sight of food. I'm fed up eating and feel like a whale.. Any healthy snacks that will actually fill me?? I try to stick to fruit and nuts etc as much as possible. I wake up in the night needing to eat. I know I shouldn't complain bcos I could feel a lot worse than I am and be throwing up like a lot of women but I'm just getting so frustrated xx

This is how much weight I've gained in two weeks... I don't dare get on the scales 😢

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-22-21-25-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-22-21-25-35.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 34
Aww I really feel your stress, im having the same problems and eating cheese crackers right now though I shouldn't be, but it's the only thing that sounds okay.. I have been eating bananas and yogurt when I can but last night I couldn't even stand the smell of bananas... I remember the nutritionist last time saying eat low fat cottage cheese and cheese sticks and fruit, yogurt is good, but sometimes I can't even think of eating any of that.. I've been eating cream of wheat too which is good and easy because it doesn't smell and it's fat free and low in calories.. but I've gained 5lbs too, only because sometimes the only thing I can eat is like today - cheese crackers. it shouldn't be too much longer for either one of us and after that I know second trimester usually brings more energy and activity and we can focus on eating right. First trimester is hard, don't be too hard on yourself

What about protein shakes? When I had HG and had a difficult time downing actual food, I would make a protein shake to keep up the calories without feeling like a whale.

My problem is getting hungry too, iv not been sick many times but i feel sick all the time the only thing that helps is eating, i snack on dry crackers mainly, carry them with me on the school walks too because i cant think of anything worse than throwing up on the school walk lol if also tried to eat fruit when i can, but its very hard at the moment to find anything that the thought of alone doesn't make me feel sick, theres so many foods i cant eat at the moment because the thought makes me sick, including anything with egg in so thats hard work, iv gone off tea too and anything else to drink so im struggling to get fluids down, im hoping the second trimester I'll be able to eat and drink normally again lol

Have you tried drinking milk? You can have skimmed but even semi-skimmed is fine. It's got healthy fats, lots of calcium and protein AND had been proved to hydrate you better than water so all good things plus because it's thicker than water it fills your tummy so you feel like you've eaten.

Watermelon is incredibly healthy for pregnancy (reduces chance of pre-eclampsia, swelling, and has tons of vitamins and minerals which help developing baby). It also hydrates and reduces morning sickness.
I don't normally like watermelon and didn't think I would after getting some and ready to eat it. But a few bites in and my tummy settled down quite a bit. I think it works much better than ginger.

Have you tried drinking milk? You can have skimmed but even semi-skimmed is fine. It's got healthy fats, lots of calcium and protein AND had been proved to hydrate you better than water so all good things plus because it's thicker than water it fills your tummy so you feel like you've eaten.

Hi Lil miss. Yes milk has been my savior!! Its the one thing that takes away the sickness for me xx

Watermelon is incredibly healthy for pregnancy (reduces chance of pre-eclampsia, swelling, and has tons of vitamins and minerals which help developing baby). It also hydrates and reduces morning sickness.
I don't normally like watermelon and didn't think I would after getting some and ready to eat it. But a few bites in and my tummy settled down quite a bit. I think it works much better than ginger.

Brilliant thanks peanut I'll pick some up later on xx

Thanku everyone for your suggestions. Thr nausea had been constant today until I had a cheese sandwich!! I find anything dairy seems to really help if that's of any use to anyone xx

When I'm pregnant all I can eat is watermelon. It's the best. It quenches thirst and fills me up at least temporarily and it's such a mild and sweet taste it doesn't hurt my stomach. It's my savior with morning sickness.

When I'm pregnant all I can eat is watermelon. It's the best. It quenches thirst and fills me up at least temporarily and it's such a mild and sweet taste it doesn't hurt my stomach. It's my savior with morning sickness.

Have some in the fridge after ppl suggested this also 😀 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->