Some tax credit help please!!

Pearls18

Reaction score
So I am in the unpaid section of my maternity leave but returning next month, which means a very large childcare bill to be paid out on September 1st but no pay for me until end of September.

I have stupidly not given notice on my ISA in time (I can pay a penalty but would rather not)

Anyhow I think we can do it, I've got some money I can use until our tax credits have gone through.

I will be ringing up the first Tuesday I am back in September to tell them I am working and give them all the childcare details, I have been told the payment will be sorted quickly after that (I don't know how quickly, but I gather I won't have to wait until my next payment date as it would have been before changing which is towards the end of September, if you can confirm or deny this I would be grateful!)

Assuming they do make the payment over the next week or 2 after my call, will that permanently change my payment date to earlier on in the month? Or will they just pay the "extra" and the new changed payments will resume from my current 4 weekly payment date which currently sits end of the month. Normally I save this month's TC for the next payment date, but now I am "running behind" meaning I will be waiting until the end of the month for TC to go in for that month's income if that makes sense....I know it sounds silly and once I am settle back into work hopefully I can switch it round again but I hate the thought of waiting for the rest of our money at the end of the month especially as our childcare bill is huge, usually we both get paid end of the month, I have CB and TC ready in an account and then all the bills and savings go out the first of the month, it's nice and tidy and lets me know how much we have for the rest of the month.

Hi. Sorry I dont know all the answers to your questions but you can call tax credits before the first day of change. Last time I rang they said you can call to give notice either 1 week or 1month (sorry I know that'S a big difference ive still got bad baby brain) before they start the child care. When we've been owed extra money they've paid the difference within a week or so and then it's gone back to the original payment date.

Thanks for your reply lovely, I think the reason I have to wait is because I have had to inform them I am not working as you can't claim the working tax credits/childcare element when in the non paying part of mat leave, so when I return to work I have to give them the details to childcare all over again and "reopen" my claim as a working parent if that makes sense, previously I've been able to ring in advance if it's just a rejiggle of childcare details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->