Someone broke into our home :(

RandaPanda

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So, this weekend, someone broke into our apartment while we were sleeping, and we had no idea it happened until we woke up the next morning. They only took one thing - a $250 bottle of cognac :haha: Ridiculous! But the thing that I'm upset about is just knowing that a stranger, who could have potentially harmed us (many citizens here carry knives, and will readily use them if threatened), was walking around our home while we were completely unaware.

We live in a very large apartment complex in China (but are thankfully moving home to Canada in a couple weeks) and it's a safe and secure area usually. But I'm having such a hard time calming down about it. DH is outraged and angry, but I'm just scared about them taking more valuable things (who cares about alcohol...lol, especially now that I'm pregnant, but I worry about our travel docs, credit cards, jewelry, money, etc.) or worse, coming back when DH isn't there, or a million other horror situations my overprotective mommy brain is conjuring up. Last night was the first night since it happened, and I could barely sleep.

We had our locks changed, but they warned us that thieves here can pick the locks in about 30 seconds if they want to :( We called our Chinese boss yesterday morning and she didn't seem to care at all really. Thankfully, today, my assistant is helping me talk to the complex security and management to review video footage from our lobby and elevator. Sorry for the negative post...I'm just so stressed about this and needed to vent to someone other than DH, since he just gets so riled up about it :cry: Not that this can't happen in Canada, but I'm just so looking forward to being home, where I can communicate easier and not feel so vulnerable.

You poor thing. I am so sorry this happened to you. My apartment was broken into when I lived at home (luckily we weren't home at the time) but I vividly remember that uneasy feeling. Take care and I hope you will find some comfort soon.

So sorry about that. I would be so terrified. I'm naturally always afraid someone will break in our house. And because I'm married to another woman, I feel more unsafe than usual :dohh: it's a good thing you're going back to Canada. If that weren't the case, I would advise you to put some iron fences on the windows and even behind the door. It might sound extreme, but I know that the fear can be very stressful. Good luck :)

So sorry about that. My house got robbed once when I was in my early 20's. I had gone out with my cousin and when we came back we saw someone in the house. Lets just say my cousin beat the crap out of the intruder :haha: Just few more weeks and you will be feel secure again.

Oh my goodness! Good to hear no one was hurt and nothing else was taken. Much love and I hope you get some answers from the video footage :hugs:

Can you add internal bolts or chains so once you're home you can make sure no matter how easily they pick key locks you're bolted from the inside?

I hope you can do some changes which makes you feel a bit better

Oh gosh that's horrible. Sorry to hear this happened. I'd freak out if this happened. I always worry that someone is gonna try to break in when my husband is on nights and I'm here with just me and my daughter :-/

We were broken into a couple of weeks ago electrical items, jewellry and some baby things were stolen.

We were only out 30 mins and we had locked up leaving my in laws in our garden (they were doing some gardening).

It's a horrible thing to happen to anyone but seems even worse when pregnant. I know it's not easy but try and relax where possible.

Good luck with your move xx

Eek, sorry to hear this! I've never been broken into thankfully but if I was I know I would be so freaked out!
I would advise putting some locks on the inside, just for reassurance until you get back to Canada.

My home has only ever been broken into once. Luckily, I wasn't at home but I was still terrified to be there and very, very uncomfortable so I can't imagine how it must be for you - it's one of the biggest "creepers" to me, someone in my home whilst I'm sleeping :nope: Hopefully there will be some footage and he/she will be caught!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->