someone could have bloody told me :(

Carlyp1990

Mum to 2 beautiful girls♡
Reaction score
I could of been gettin income support since i left my job 8months ago :( that about £50 a week i was entitled to. I realised today and phoned and the most they will backdate is 3 months if i have a good enough reason for not claimin earlier. Fingers crossed ill get it backdated n will hopefully get about £700 which is much needed as i move into my own house next week.

And to top it all iv got a bloody headache n really want a milkybar but katies in bed n ohs at home :( x

Unfortunatly, if you didn't claim just because you didnt know you could I dont think youll get it back :( I remember reading that on some of the forms. Fingers crossed you can get it though backdated though x

Yeah, I hate to be a voice of negativity - but that probably won't entitle you to a backpayment. I don't mean to b upsetting, but it's better to be prepared. It's more for reasons like being in hospital, or illness.

I did the same with tax credits for 9 months hun, ur not alone!

Same here with tax credits, it can be back dated up to 3months.. Don't know about income support tho sorry xx

That is a bit poop! What have you been living on if not working? (if you don't mind me asking, of course!) Some people barely get by on benefits or a wage so to do it without either is good going!

That is a bit poop! What have you been living on if not working? (if you don't mind me asking, of course!) Some people barely get by on benefits or a wage so to do it without either is good going!

I get maternity allowance and ctc and cb and thats been enough for me to live on. But the ma stops next month so ill be £500 a month down :( x

:hugs: aw hun. Ive done the same with child benefit just completely forgot about it untill the other week :dohh:

hope you get a back payment and your milkybar lol.

<3

I get maternity allowance and ctc and cb and thats been enough for me to live on. But the ma stops next month so ill be £500 a month down :( x

Ohhhh ok! I thought you had some amazing money saving secret that we should all know about :haha:

I don't think you will be entitled to receive income support whilst receiving maternity allowance though - MA is £125 a week isn't it? An extra £50.85 on top of that would have paid you more than the last 33 weeks of SMP, and puts you over the threshold.

Hope you get it sorted either way :)

Hey hun

I don't want to put a big downer on you but are you sure you would have been entitled to Income Support? I would double check as I'm 99% sure MA puts you over the threshhold for it! I also don't think you'll get it backdated as it has to be a reason like in hospital, severely mentally ill etc. Sorry for the crappy news but I just didn't want you getting your hopes up and then not getting it :-(
xx

Okay, I just checked - you wouldn't have been getting any Income Support anyway.

Basically you would be awarded Income Support as you are an umemployed lone parent. But the personal allowance for a lone parent over 18 for Income Support is £67.50 (not including CTC and CB) so they calculate your actual entitlement from that. As MA is £125ish you have an excess income each week of £57.50 so your actual Income Support award would be nil.

You'll get it when you lose MA though xx

was just about to say i was only able to claim income support or ma not both at same time! as with is they would help with my rent i stayed on income support!

i dont think you are entitled to both sorry, at first i was told i was but then when i put it through they said no x

^^^ Sounds right :thumbup:

You would have definitely have been getting paid too much with MA & IS, plus CB & CTC! Would be nice though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->