Someone help me, I can't do this anymore

Daydreamer83

Reaction score
So, I'm a nervous wreck. Me and my partner have been trying for about 20 months, with no luck. We've been tested, all OK. Had the hsg procedure this month to see if my tubes were blocked, which thankfully they are not. So, I've nearly got through the two week wait, I'm due on tomorrow. I've had a very little, very pale pink discharge, would you guys say its more than likely a sign my period is about to show? I'm so down, actually feel like I can't do this anymore :''(

Sorry daydreamer, no answers here, but you are not alone in it and 20 months is a very long time, no wonder you are tired. Big hug to you and hope the bleeding won't turn out to be af. If that helps, at least you will probably know by tomorrow, so waiting is over soon.

Thankyou Nima, yes it has been completely draining. And with each month that passes it breaks my heart a little more. I'm trying to tell myself it's a period, and better luck next month. Preparing myself I guess. Believe it or not I've got an 8 year old daughter and a 4 year old son, both unplanned, suprises. Now, 20 months of this. :(

Hey daydreamer, ugh I know how you feel. I’m 15 months in now. I’ll be feeling the same on Saturday no doubt. It’s so disheartening. Don’t give up, it will happen

Hey daydreamer, ugh I know how you feel. I’m 15 months in now. I’ll be feeling the same on Saturday no doubt. It’s so disheartening. Don’t give up, it will happen

It will happen for us both, I know. Just have these down moments, especially as AF shows or shows signs of coming. We'll have to keep in touch, let each other know how we're getting on with our ttc journeys x

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you on Saturday. When do u usually test? Are your cycles pretty regular? Xx

Hey there, I thought I'd comment as you two sound a lot like I did not long ago. We had unexplained infertility, did all the tests, nothing was wrong. I had shorter cycles but doc said that shouldn't matter. We went through 2 IUIs and five medicated cycles, nothing happened. I never got a BFP. We actively tried for two years, and then I reached my breaking point. I couldn't try anymore. We gave up, decided to live childfree. A few months later I was naturally pregnant. I counted up my cycles and I got pregnant on my 38th cycle with no previous BFPs.

SO it can happen, even after a long time, even when it feels like there is no hope left. What really helped me was putting TTC on the back burner, finding other things to work towards (for me it was fitness, maybe it'll be something else for you), and in it's own time it just happened.

This obviously wouldn't be the case if we had an identifiable fertility problem. So if you havent had all your testing start there. If it all comes back normal that's a good sign. Most people with unexplained infertility get pregnant eventually, just the timeline is longer. Most are pregnant by 3 years.

Also edited to say if you're above 35 and don't have the benefit of time on your side, there is no reason not to pursue treatment!

I’m always on here, I hope AF doesn’t rear her ugly face for you.

Oh belle that must have felt amazing finally seeing those lines.

I’ve given up on temping and opks, tracking just makes it so stressful, for the hubby too. I don’t test anymore either. I’d rather just see af.

Last edited:
How you doing daydreamer? I’m due AF today and am just waiting.

My boobs are soooo sore. I always get sore boobs before AF, but they hurt so much more this month. If I’m not preggo it’s just plain cruel :haha:

Why does it keep double posting grrr

Hiya Nixnax, no luck for me, had a light period, and a BFN . But nevermind, there's always next month. Any updates on you? X

No AF as yet. I had to go to bed super early last night as I felt awful. I feel a bit better today. Today is normally the lastest that AF will arrive. I’m considering testing

I tested bfn. It wasn’t with FMU but I think af will arrive today

still no AF. 2 days late and BFN again this morning

Af got me in the end. 4 days late! Booo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back