Someone help me please...

Whisper

Mummy to DD & DS
Reaction score
I don't know if its just the lack of sleep or the other stresses i'm dealing with at the moment (mum going through cancer and starting chemo next week) but today in particular i am feeling very very overwhelmed, like i can cope with anything anymore :(

We don't have a proper strict routine especially if she has had a bad night we get up later, i feel like i need to set a schedule where by such and such a time we are up then say 10am its nap time then 1pm lunch.

Plus obviously trying to run the house looking after the animals doing the cleaning, laundry etc plus taking my mum to hospital and getting in time to visit my friends. Making dinner and Amelia is being weaned so setting out a schedule for that.

I know there are lots of mums out there who do all this and tons more especially if they have poorly babies (seriously i don't know how you do it you must have some very special gift!)

Damm this thing always posts before i am ready, sorry i am ranting a bit but things feel way too much at the moment.

I need help with making up foods for her to try and like, i give her breakfast, lunch and dinner, but should she have baby rice at lunch and then puree at dinner or vice versa. Or should she not have baby rice anymore? Should i be giving her water with her meals...
Should i still be nursing her before all meals? Should she still be feeding from me every 2hours during the day and then 2/3 times at night. Aswell as having all her solids.....

God they don't make this easy do they!

cant really help with the routine part hun but just wanted to send big hugs and to tell you that your doing a fab job

Lou
xxx

:hug: I totally understand your stress (minus the mom w/ cancer, which by the way, I'm sorry to hear that). I hope she fights it. Your routine sounds about as hectic as mine. I work full time 8-5 so my 6 month old is in daycare all day. Anyways, here is his routine:

5:30 am I nurse him while I pump on the other side (time saver)
8:00 am or 8:30 am daycare gives him a bottle (my milk)
9:30 am or 10:00 am he has cereal and a bottle
11:00 am veggie (I think, not really sure what time he gets his afternoon veggie)
12:00 pm- I go and nurse him on my lunch break
3:00 pm or 3:30 pm he has another bottle (my milk)
6:00 pm- veggie and half a fruit
7:00 pm or 7:30 pm- I nurse him
9:00 pm- I nurse him again
Sometimes he goes to bed early and sometimes he wants to eat again at 10:30 or 11:00 pm and I just nurse him then. He will sleep all through the night and at 5:30 am we start over. The doc hasn't given us the go ahead on water yet, so I am not sure on that.

It's hard trying to be super mom, taking care of a LO, cleaning house, cooking dinner, etc.... Do you have anyone to help you out? I am married and my husband will watch Peyton when I need to get things done, but he doesn't help with house work at all and I am constantly washing the bottles for my pump and cleaning up dishes I take to lunch (doing laundry, cleaning house, etc...). It's very easy to get overwhelmed because Lord knows I have. Be sure to take time for yourself (if possible). Try not to fret too much about your house not being spotless (I'm still trying to learn this, I'm a neat freak). Sounds like you are doing things right. Just remember, every baby is different. Our doctor said to start with veggies first and to do the same veggie for 3-4 days to make sure the baby does not have any allergies to it, then move on to the next one. I hope this helps, but it sounds like you have it figured out already. Good luck.

Sorry for whining it sounds like you have a hell of a lot more to manage! I dont even work yet!

Thank you for writing out your schedule i am going to try and prepare one, print it out then stick it on the fridge.

My hubby does help quite a lot but i get annoyed with him when i feel like i want to be totally engrossed in something and switch off like he does with his computer games. Sometimes it feels like his pc and online buddies get more of his attention than our daughter!

I do need to start expressing but i don't really know how as Amelia has both boobies every 2hours still and i don't want to leave her with nothing.

Tell your hubby to get his ass off the computer and help you out!!!!!!! Even if he only helps out for an hour a day, it will give you time to destress, have a nice bath or just relax and read a book. You will be amazed at how rejuventated you will feel.

Your doing a great job already hun. Good luck with the routine, having one has helped me out loads. You can get some good weaning tips off the net with some great things to try. I used to express my milk and add it to my little ones meals, he seemed to like it better.

:hug: to you and your mum.

Sorry for whining it sounds like you have a hell of a lot more to manage! I dont even work yet!

Thank you for writing out your schedule i am going to try and prepare one, print it out then stick it on the fridge.

My hubby does help quite a lot but i get annoyed with him when i feel like i want to be totally engrossed in something and switch off like he does with his computer games. Sometimes it feels like his pc and online buddies get more of his attention than our daughter!

I do need to start expressing but i don't really know how as Amelia has both boobies every 2hours still and i don't want to leave her with nothing.

You're not whining. You sound like you have a lot on your plate too, having to take care of your mom and a LO is stressful (especially with your moms situation). I plan on breastfeeding for a year, Peyton will be one July 1st. I plan to gradually wean him until his b-day. In the mean time, when I'm at work, I pump. Do you have a pump? If so, pump some milk and have your husband feed your LO while you relax and take time for yourself (because you need to do this). I buy breast milk storage bags, pump as much as I can, and freeze them for daycare (if you don't work, freeze them so when you need a babysitter, you have food for them to give your LO. It makes life so much easier. You're doing great though, keep up the good work.

I know you what to be in a routine but i really wouldn't worry to much about it. If you set yourself a routine you might not be able to stick to it, with all the other things going on in your life at the moment, then you might get even more stressed.
I never had a routine with my son but was always envious of friends whose babies slept at a certain time everyday and ate at a certain time, kian never did these things at the same time ever, no matter how hard i tried.
However, my daughter was born with some health problems and up until last week was being tube fed every 3 hours, day and night. I ended up an almost wreck and found myself clock watching all the time. I'm now trying to tube feed on demand, as i've come to the conclusion that as long as she has the right amount in 24 hours, it doesn't really matter when it is.
Just wanted to let you know that routines aren't the best thing for everyone.

sounds like a tough time.
Try and get some routine - it might help you feel you have some control over a part of your life. Cancer is a scary thing and can really shake your world I know.

I think if you start days at the same time every day everything else will fall in to place.

Like My LO needs to take a sleep every 1.5 or 2 hours so thats a good way to start organising a routine. say...get up at 7, nap at 9. then plan next nap at 2 hours after LO wakes up. You'll work out how long your LO tends to sleep. In the morning mine tends to be 45 mins, then in the afetrnoon naps its only 30 mins a go.
Note what times you do things and see if it works for baby - she'll soon let you know when she's tired or hugnry. Let her decide what the routine will be.
I let my LO lead me, and i noted what times he tended to get tired hungry etc. Once i've figured out what works for him I do the same every day. They are creatures of routine so for me it was just a case of working out his rhythm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->