Someone help me with my due date math

MeaganMackenz

Reaction score
I'm trying desperately to conclude my due date.
When I plunk my lmp in I get may 14 2015, when I plunk my lmp in with my cycle length I get may 19th 2015, but my scan gives me a date of may 22 2015.

The problem with my scan due date is that it knocked me back 8 days. Well if I ovulated 8 days late, then I got my bfp at 2dpo. That's not possible, I got a crazy bfp at 10 dpo not faint. I used opk so I'm not just making days up lol.

I've been able to find bubs heartbeat on Doppler since 8 weeks exactly, today at 8 plus 3 I found it instantly.

It just doesn't add up, theres no way I ovulated 8 days later then I did. Anyone agree?

It's all hard to say. Implantation, ovulation, may just have a smaller baby etc etc. I'd wait for your next scan and go from there. I knew exactly when I ovulated by temping and OPK's. I ovulated on day 22 and found out at 9 DPO I was pregnant. Not uncommon for me. This is exactly almost the same as with my successful pregnancy. DD I ovulated day 22 and found out at 7 DPO (8 DPO HCG was 12). With DD my original Due date was July 30th he moved me to Aug 3rd which made more sense for me.

For now I'd just go with what the doctor(s) are saying until you can get another scan in. For now you are due between the 14th and the 25th of May. (Currently I'm due between the 5th and the 12th of June until I have my scans).

My next scan is Dec 29.. So you can appreciate why is frustrating lol

Yea that would be a bit frustrating, but due dates are just a guideline. Babies come when they want to come.

blah sorry I got you confused with someone's elses thread with the HCG...gah sorry!

I agree with what others say. I know with my last pregnancy at my first appt they said May 14. Then, after first ultrasound they said May 17. In the end, it doesn't really make a big difference because the baby can really be born two weeks either way. It isn't like you are actually going to be planning for it to be on that exact day. (unless you are going to have a planned c-section because of previous c-sections) As long as baby is doing fine, I'd be a happy duck no matter what day they are due. :)

I know babies come when they do, just looking for some hope I'm close to the end of the first trimester. Morning sickness, headaches and being tired are kicking my ass :(

Hi Im due may 14 th :)
Yeah that scan date can be off a little, I think they are like + or - 6 days, when they are so little just being a millimeter off on the US measurement could be a few days..
Really not much you can do though right? Just wait it out, see what your scan says even though its not til 20 wks, and ultimately baby will come whenever, whether it be closer to then14 th or the 22 nd.
Just hoping you feel better

If you know when you ovulated then its possible you just implanted late. My due date has already changed by 5 days because baby was measuring ahead at my second scan. I think it all really just depends on how fast of a grower baby is. I'd go with the 19 if I were you.

That's what I want to do, go with the 19th. My doctor has the 14th in her paperwork but I haven't seen her since my scan. I have no idea lol. I can find the heartbeat really easy using a Doppler so I tend to think I'm over 9 weeks.. I wish I could book a diagnostic scan to update my dates but that's not how it works :(

I guess you ovulated August 26th or so? According to your own ideas on dates?

Your scan is only 3 days out from your suspected ovulation date anyway which is nothing. Mine was with Sophie too.

Measurements aren't an exact science either. I measured 5-7 days small with both my older kids the entire pregnancy. The dr wasn't worried so I didn't either. I ended up having both kids at 37 weeks (38 by my lmp) and they were perfectly healthy. They are still on the smaller side (25-35% for height and weight) so I put it down to them just being small kids.

I had a pos opk on the 24th, so I went with the 26th as ovulated ish. I don't temp, it was too much for me to keep up with lol.

I'm going with may 19th, I think for me it's more plausible, but I'll see what my Dr says when I see her on the 28th what she wants to go with as a due date after seeing my report from the ultrasound, :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->