Someone please explaine ovulation strips!!

loulouamy

Reaction score
Hi,
So I'm back after 2.5 years!!! TTC #2. I've just gotten my first period after coming off my pill. Last night I didn't bother with Ovulation strips but it just ordered some as we are keen to get pregnant quickly ( who isn't eh?h

Can someone please explain how they work and how to read to results and best time to BD .....

God I forgot how much and how quickly this whole baby making thing takes over your life!!!

You should use them between 10 am-4 pm (I have heard you can go all the way to 8 pm) for an accurate result. A positive is when the test line is as dark or darker than than the control. Then you should ovulate I think 12 (or 24 I can't remember) -48 hours later.

The OPKs will test for the LH surge that occurs before ovulation. What krissie328 mentioned above is right as far as the best time to test with them. You don't want to use FMU, though my doctor had told me when TTC my son that I should test even later in the day because of my routine. I work second shift so I normally don't wake up until at least 10:00am at the earliest and have been that way for about 10 years. She had told me that for me I should test from about noon to 6pm.

You will typically ovulate 12-48 hours after the first positive. If you normally have irregular cycles though, you could get a surge because your body is trying to ovulate, but then not actually ovulate. So for the first few cycles you may want to use more of them and get the cheapies online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->