Someone PLEASE help me - re sleep

Pregnant - 1st trimester
Reaction score
My LO is 6 months old. We have rocked/nursed him to sleep since he was born. He has started sleeping in his cot and goes to bed at 8pm. However he wakes generally everynight about 11pm. It takes me ages to get him back to sleep (anything from 1-2 hours). He's not waking for the usual suspects i.e. hunger, teething, nappy change, too cold, too warm etc I know this because iv tried and tested everthing.... e.g. iv fed him cereal as well as his bottle just before bed and he still woke.

WHen he wakes at 11pm I cant just leave him. He doesn't wake up crying, he just rolls around the cot cooing etc When he eventually starts to cry I have tried everything i can think of.... patting him on the back in the cot and saying 'shhhhhh' and not picking him up etc but he continues to roll about the cot and go on all fours (as he is nearly crawling).

I need a method to help me to make the transition from nursing him to sleep to teaching him to go back to sleep on his own... please help

Personally i would just leave him as long as you have checked him and he;s not needing anything like you say then im sure he will learn to send himself back off to sleep. Ruby wakes up and thinks its play time sometimes too xx

Personally i would just leave him as long as you have checked him and he;s not needing anything like you say then im sure he will learn to send himself back off to sleep. Ruby wakes up and thinks its play time sometimes too xx

Thats what I do, as long as Chloe is ok and safe then I leave her to it.

Tbh, I don't think there's anything wrong with nursing back to sleep, they grow out of it so quickly anyway - Kaya stopped it herself at about 8/9 months.

Not sure what to suggest because Jasmine has always been good at going to sleep and i've put her down awake the odd time since very young. I dont go in to her unless she is crying though, I have a baby monitor and im quite sure she does wake some times... she is a noisy sleeper anyways though, but I dont go in unless she cries... It seems to be working for us, she sleeps 11.5 hours a night without waking.

Just let her lie there and coo to her hearts delight. If she cries,go in and place your hand on her to calm her down.If she continues crying take her and rock her etc.

We let Hannah talk it out, and actually last night moved an air mattress out into the living room and that's where we slept :rofl: (we live in a one bedroom condo for the moment so not much other choice). We have 2 cats so can't move her crib into the living area :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->