• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Someone settle my nerves :(

SarahMUMMY

Mummy-to-Riley&Pregnant!
Reaction score
Its not definate that i will be having a c-section..
Ive been told to be prepared because its likely ill be told ill be having one, my baby at the moment is breech and he is bum down not feet down and they said that its really unlikely that ill be able able to give birth naturally with him laying like this :cry:
Im at the hospital on friday for them to try and turn my little boy..
But the problem is im more scared of having a c-section than i am giving birth naturally and tearing or something.. I find it hard to come to terms with a c-section because i want it as natural as possible i just want reasurring that there not all that bad :cry:

Help would be really appriciated

The actual operation is not anywhere near as scary as you imagine. As long as you go in relaxed and open minded you will be fine :) it doesn't hurt, there is just a little pressure and that's it. It does hurt quite a bit the first couple of days after but you will get drugs to help and after that initial discomfort it gets so much better very quickly!

I hope your baby turns :)

The actual operation is not anywhere near as scary as you imagine. As long as you go in relaxed and open minded you will be fine :) it doesn't hurt, there is just a little pressure and that's it. It does hurt quite a bit the first couple of days after but you will get drugs to help and after that initial discomfort it gets so much better very quickly!

Yeah me too,
Its hard to be open minded because you dont get the skin to skin contact after do you?
And im scared something will go wrong and ive been told im only aloud 1 person with me and i really wanted my OH and my mum there both for different reasons.. obviously because baby is OHs too, but then i want my mum there because i dont handle things well, i will really panic having a c-section so who do i take?

:flower:

Yeah me too,
Its hard to be open minded because you dont get the skin to skin contact after do you?
And im scared something will go wrong and ive been told im only aloud 1 person with me and i really wanted my OH and my mum there both for different reasons.. obviously because baby is OHs too, but then i want my mum there because i dont handle things well, i will really panic having a c-section so who do i take?

:flower:

You can state that you want skin to skin afterwards hun. You don't have to forego that.:hugs:
If there is anything specific that you want then I would suggest you still do a birth plan for an elective c-section. You have as much right as anyone to have things that are important to you even if you have a c-section.

I am really hoping your baby turns hun. My emcs was not scary and everything went very smoothly. Like pp said you should make a birth plan with your wishes even if you are having a c-sec. GL!

Hey hun, I felt exactly the same about the dreaded C-section and ended up having one. The birth was actually very calm and I definately did not feel a thing and Got skin on skin straight away, Then my mum came in about 5mins after (so she wasnt far away). Hope this reassures you a little! and good luck XXX

Thankyou everyone, its made me feel abit better, obviously not completely because i really dont want one :haha:
But it has made me feel better knowing i can still have skin to skin contact, i just feel disappointed that i cant have both my mum and OH there because this would settle my nerves a hell of alot

thankyou so much everyone :flower:

It's really the knowing that it might happen that is most scary!

Once the time comes, and they tell you this is what is going to happen. You are so overcome with knowing your baby is going to be born that it doesn't really matter HOW they are coming to you, just that they are. Adrenaline and excitement kick in and before you know it, you're fine and in recovery bonding with your wee bundle of joy.

I have had two c-sections. One emergency... and one planned, that turned into an emergency 3 weeks early.

Maybe have your other half in for the actual op, and then when you're in recovery have your Mum waiting for you?
Not sure what your hospital allows, are you able to ask them to put your mind at rest? Also booking a hospital tour is a good idea so you can visualise how it will be and you'll feel more prepared and in control for whatever happens. x

I did get skin to skin contact as soon as the stitching up was done, it wasn't long... But you can ask for it right away and they can put baby across your chest! Or your partner can do it.

I imagine having a elective c-section is a lot less scary then having a vaginal birth. I had an emergency c-section and it was all good!

:hugs:

It'll honestly be ok. I knew I was going to have to have one, as Sophie was going to be born any time from 25 weeks onwards and it was a case of keeping her in as long as possible but whipping her out the minute one of us deteriorated.

I was absolutely terrified at the thought of a c-section - I was scared of a vaginal birth but not half as scared as I was of a section! Knowing I was going to have one was awful - especially along with the worry of Sophie being early!

In the end, the day I reached 27 weeks, we both started to go downhill and they just told me they were going to do an emergency section, so I didn't have time to think about it, and it was fine. All I felt was a bit of rummaging in my tummy as if someone was doing their washing up.

xxx

I was in the same position as you. I desperately wanted a natural birth and my boy remained stubbornly breech. I was devestated. But it turned out just fine. I have now had two sections and it no longer bothers me a bit. It wasn't my ideal but it got my babies here safe and healthy. In the long run there are hundreds of things that are infinitely more important than section vs natural birth. I promise.

Oh hun please dont worry, it is absolutely fine. I wouldnt choose to have a c section but my baby was breech too. i had my ecv in the morning but he wouldnt turn so they took me in for a c section about two hours after, i was 40 +1. I was so scared of everything but it was such a positive experience. the spinal didnt hurt i didnt feel a thing and i didnt even realise he had been born. i would state that in your birth plan that you want someone to tell you when your baby is 'out' cause mine was on the table being cleaned and i didnt know!!! the stitching up takes a lot longer than you would think, i assumed it was just a quick sew up but it takes a while, you dont mind tho cause you have your gprgeous baby to stare at!! i was allowed photos to be taken at the time so i saw what happened. i have posted them on the picture bit if you want to have a look. The recovery was fine, take all the pain relief you can cause if you let it run out its sore. i was terrified too but i would be fine having another one. i would take the dad in with you, its such a special experience for him too. your mum will be very close by x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->