Someone talk some sense into me!

Moolia

Bfp 26/1/11 :)
Reaction score
I am 10 dpo today (I think). I keep going through moments of thinking I'm pregnant! Followed by longer periods of thinking no I'm not! My af is due on 27th and I'd told myself I wouldn't test until then if af is a no show but DH is out tonight and I have some cheap clear response tests from the 99p store so I'm sooooo tempted to test! But I don't want to see bfn!
Please talk some sense into me!

well you could stay strong and wait, or test - you might get a nice surprise! if not it doesnt automatically mean your not as af is not due for a few days yet - its a win win situation

i am in your shoes the same exact situation.. my period's not due until tomorrow or wed and i'm dying to test but i dont want the doubel whammy slap in the face when i get a BFN thennnnn af! it helps that i have homework and DH home to keep me occupied but if you need to, just hang out here and take your mind off by reading posts and stuff or leave the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL fx for you that this is your BFP cycle <3

Thanks ladies! Have managed to convince myself that fmu is best so to at least wait until morning!
Washed my hair to take my mind off it and I'm going to watch one born every minute and then go to bed!! ;)

i am in your shoes the same exact situation.. my period's not due until tomorrow or wed and i'm dying to test but i dont want the doubel whammy slap in the face when i get a BFN thennnnn af! it helps that i have homework and DH home to keep me occupied but if you need to, just hang out here and take your mind off by reading posts and stuff or leave the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL fx for you that this is your BFP cycle <3

Thanks ptr! I really hope this is your bfp cycle too! Hopefully we can both celebrate! When will you test?

good job on keeping yourself busy!!! it will be worth it to just take your mind off ttcing and waiting to test!

i am not sure when I will test.. i want to test tomorrow fmu but tomorrow is when my af is due so maybe i should wait until wed when i am officially "late" ??? what do you think?

Well I would always try and hold off because I HATE seeing bfn and then get annoyed with myself for wasting a test! But if you really can't wait then go for it tomorrow!
Do you have any signs that you might get your bfp? How long have you been ttc?

yeah that's what i thought, figured might as well wait until tomrorow's fmu, wouldn't want to waste a pregnancy test being a day early and with afternoon pee... which is prolly not concentrated enough. i have no symptoms, but i was pregnant back in 2006 and had absolutely no symptoms and tested a week late after i missed my period (i had no symptoms thus i thought i coudln't be pregnant so that's why I waited so long to test)... so i guess having no symptoms is a good sign?? lol..i m/c a week later after finding out i was pregnant so no kids right now.

this is my 2nd cycle of ttcing.. we were kinda relaxed about it the last 2 cycles.. but if this month doesnt happen we will do it hardcore next month and hopefully we get our bfp. the stress and the wait that goes with ttcing is a little too much for me to handle for the next many months or years! i dont know how some ladies here who have been ttcing for like 2 years do it!!! talk about sheer power!!!!

how about you? how long you been ttcing? let me know what your test say!!! <3

Sorry for late reply - fell asleep straight after sending that last msg last night!
Sorry to hear about your m/c too - hopefully this time you'll get your sticky bean! :)
We have been ttc for 2 cycles too and have been using opk but not temping yet: will start this next cycle if need be! Was quite stressed last cycle and have tried to be more relaxed since then.
Did you do your test this morning? What was the verdict? I didn't do mine in the end because I had a spot of blood last night which made me think I was getting af! It was only a spot on tissue though, and I mean literally a spot about the size of a pin point! And nothing since then! Might test tomorrow am...we'll see!

hi moolia, no biggie on not replying, i had homework to do and logged off afterwards! i didn't test this morning, i had a massive headache right when i woke up so the first thing i wanted to do was take some ibuprofen and pee then get ready for school, didnt really have time to think about breaking out the pregnant test. i dont think i am gonna get that BFP.. so i am with you on going for cycle 3 if you get your af...

there was jsut too much going on this month.. had my wisdom teeth surgery, did opks really late (on cd13) and only tested once a day so i tested too late or missed my surge plus we didnt really bd that much so im not feeling it this time around. pretty sure my af will come this afternoon! i didnt temp either so maybe i will do it this time around and maybe talk to my DH about Bding every other day. :D

what's your plan for cycle 3 besides adding temping to the plan?

Well your not out until af arrives! Fx'd for you anyway!
I feel like af is coming - got on and off mild cramps :(
Next cycle I am not sure which way to go: either going to go all out with temping, charting, preseed, vitamins etc or just going to be really relaxed and bd when we want and see what happens... Will decide within the next couple of days.
How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 28 and have been married since July 2010.

i'll let you know my update if anything changes whether af comes or not. i have already gotten over the fact that i am not pregnant right now and i am looking more forward to starting the next cycle now that i did some research and stuff. gonna just order more opks and stick to the plan to bd every other day and hopefully get a bfp for my birthday!!

i'm 25, gonna be 26 on february 28th (a bfp for my birfday, pls?! :D) Been married since October 2010. :)

Hello Ladies,
Sorry for cutting in. I just read this post and related to you both. Im TTC cycle #2 for our first. Unfortunately, I don't quite have the will power you two do. Im 10dpo and tested with a BFN :( I tell myself to wait, but I guess Im an addict POAS. I hope that both of you get a sticky bean soon. I am trying to wait a few more days before I use the last of my early pregnancy tests. Best wishes

I think I've got a bfp!!!! I can't believe it! Really hope it's not a false pos on the cheapie test I used! Can't wait to get home and use another cheapie tonight and a frer in the morning to make sure! Fx'd! :)

I think I've got a bfp!!!! I can't believe it! Really hope it's not a false pos on the cheapie test I used! Can't wait to get home and use another cheapie tonight and a frer in the morning to make sure! Fx'd! :)

yay!!! congrats moolia!!! i'll be keeping an eye out for your frer verdict! i hope you got that bfp! i think you have to download the picture onto the computer then upload it to a photoserver like photobucket and use the link to post... i think?

fx for you bumpit!! i hope you get a bfp :) 10 dpo is kinda early to test and even if we had willpower not to test its still hard! :( hugs

as for me, i'm out! af came last night but with very small flow but this morning it was at normal flow so i will consider today cd1! no worries, i ordered mroe opks so they will arrive before it's time to test and i will also do the smep plan as well... my DH and i were kinda of lazy adn relaxed the last 2 cycles and it's obviously not working!! so gonna step up my game!!

yay!!! congrats moolia!!! i'll be keeping an eye out for your frer verdict! i hope you got that bfp! i think you have to download the picture onto the computer then upload it to a photoserver like photobucket and use the link to post... i think?

fx for you bumpit!! i hope you get a bfp :) 10 dpo is kinda early to test and even if we had willpower not to test its still hard! :( hugs

as for me, i'm out! af came last night but with very small flow but this morning it was at normal flow so i will consider today cd1! no worries, i ordered mroe opks so they will arrive before it's time to test and i will also do the smep plan as well... my DH and i were kinda of lazy adn relaxed the last 2 cycles and it's obviously not working!! so gonna step up my game!!

Thank you ptr! My DH bought a clearblue digital whilst I was at work and I took it as soon as I got home... Pregnant 1-2 !! :happydance:
So sorry af got you but I have my fx'd for you for a bday bfp!
My bday is in February too, so this is a early bday pressie for me :) I'm so excited but also nervous as I know anything can happen in the first few weeks. Fx'd for a really sticky bean!! :)

Thank you ptr! My DH bought a clearblue digital whilst I was at work and I took it as soon as I got home... Pregnant 1-2 !! :happydance:
So sorry af got you but I have my fx'd for you for a bday bfp!
My bday is in February too, so this is a early bday pressie for me :) I'm so excited but also nervous as I know anything can happen in the first few weeks. Fx'd for a really sticky bean!! :)

Woooohoooo congrats hun, hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->