Something completely different?

dadzooks

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity. My wife and I are pretty certain on a few names for either boy or girl. We have our "top 3" for each.

My question is this... has anyone had a list but when the baby was born you went with something completely different? Maybe the baby didn't look like a _____... what was your reasoning?

We had a list of boys names and were pretty sure we'd name our son one of them, they were all fairly unusual names, then randomly decided he would be called Jake at 32 weeks, no idea where it came from or why but it just felt right x

I didn't have that experience my girl was always a Dalia :) I think it is normal to worry that the baby might not "look" like a so and so... I hear a lot of people asking and worrying about that...

I think it is normal to worry that the baby might not "look" like a so and so... I hear a lot of people asking and worrying about that...

Thanks... It's still a long ways away but its just one of those many things I'm worrying about :)

I don't get the 'baby doesn't look like a ...' thing. I think it's just a question of people getting used to the name and the person going together.

We chose Rosie's name at my 24 week scan when we found out that she was a girl, and we were never tempted to change it.

id only picked one name for my son Jordan Marley and when he was born i new it was the name for him xx

Can't say I have heard any stories of this happening, my mom (with me) and my dad had two names, they both liked different names. After I was born, they had a vote amongst the doctors and nurses which name they should use for me. We are deadset on a boy's name already and we keep going back and forth on a girls name, so I plan on doing what my parents did and going it with 2 names. I think as my pregnancy progresses and if I find out it's a girl, I will just "know". Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->