Something to bite on in labour

Mum2BKW

Reaction score
When I had my daughter I only had gas and air (not through choice, I would have given my right arm for some 'proper' pain relief). The g&a really didn't work for me, but I did find that having the mouthpiece to bite on was surprisingly helpful. I managed to break it as I was biting so hard!

So for this time around I'm wondering if anyone has come across any products that are designed to be bitten in this way, something I can have with me in labour that won't break our damage my teeth? It sounds really weird now I've written it down! I'm thinking how years ago women would have bitten on an old rag or a bit of leather. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Hmm...
Perhaps a chewigem necklace? I'm not sure how it would stand up against an adult in pain biting force though. I know they're suitable for babies / toddlers and children with autism who like to chew on things - so perhaps it would work.

You could just use the g&a for biting down on they are thrown away after every use so wouldnt matter if you broke it. Id be worried for your teeth and jaw though, i did this too and my jaw was sore for ages after

Interesting . .. I was intrigued so googled it and sure enough there is something designed just for pregnant women while in labor.... laboraude labor mouthpiece

When I was reading the title I was thinking of the gas and air mouth piece to bite! It was more effective than the gas and air itself!

Seriously though lol, what about a mouth guard? Like you'd use for martial arts? When I did it mine were sort of rubbery

I know this sounds kind of weird.... But what about a rubber dog chew toy? Those things withstand everything!!

Interesting . .. I was intrigued so googled it and sure enough there is something designed just for pregnant women while in labor.... laboraude labor mouthpiece

Fascinating! The price is steep, but I wonder....when I had my son I did something awful to my shoulder joint from pulling back my leg too hard and needed a shot. It was like I gave myself tennis elbow, only in my shoulder, from the strain. I wonder if something like this would actually "redirect" like the testimonial says. Who wants to try it out and report back to us? :haha:

I know I'm tempted to try it for real!! I'm going for a vba2c but with my first I think it would have helped me also!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->