son "thinks" he is spiderman!!! (seriously)

amylw1

my 3 boys in avatar. x
Reaction score
hi,

as daft as it sounds my nearly 7 year old "thinks" he is spiderman! he is ADHD and under the hospital (not that they care).

over the weekend i lost count how many times the neghbour told me he was hanging out of the window, that he clmbed and jumped from wardrobe/desk/toy box etc. he is convinced he can fly and has tried to jump from near top of stairs down!

when i calmly told him he isnt spiderman but a boy he started to bite himself and bang his head.

i rang the hospital on monday and got a cal back today from receptionist - she has spoken to the consultant who said to lock the windows and get a cage fitted outside, make sure he has cushions etc to land on if he jumps off stuff and dont worry about him hurting himself.

any ideas on WHO i can speak to for help/advice???

Do you have a social worker? My sis has autism and she has one that calls to the house to see my parents. I am not sure on how to advice you but I know my sis does hit herself when she us upset as she cant communicate right and it frustrates her. Sorry is thats useless help.

no we dont have a social worker. upto this recent episode the hospital have been great butt they dont see what he is doing as a problem just part of his condition.

think i will ring social services and see if i can speak to some1.

I think I would talk to his pediatrician more, or look for a dr that specializes in ADHD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->