Songs for Labor

MermaidMom

Reaction score
and please dont suggest push it by the mamas and the papas :p im looking for songs that are empowering and motivating. so far my favorite one i found was halo by beyonce... i want that playing LOUD when baby is crowning:happydance:

i had music channels on in the backgoround of #2 but with #3 the other 2 were watching peppa pig kids programme on tv so i birthed to that!! I would say anything that makes you feel happy to release those endorphins would be great :)

I love that you gave birth to Peppa!!!

I had loads on my iPod. All sorts from The Smiths to Michael Buble and Marvin Gaye! Just get loads together and you can go with the mood!

I agree, any songs that make YOU feel good and empowered! People differ so much in tastes in music, mine is ranging from The Beatles to Metallica to Eva Cassidy.

I hadn't chosen any music, the MW put a mellow radio station on and I would find that boring normally but enjoyed it in labour, Ruby was born to Duffy's Warwick Avenue.

I agree, any songs that make YOU feel good and empowered! People differ so much in tastes in music, mine is ranging from The Beatles to Metallica to Eva Cassidy.

I love the idea of Metallica being on your music list! I told OH that I was thinking of adding "Back in Black" by AC/DC to my list -he just smirked.

There was no music I could say I really waned so when I was labouring (I was in our front room) I had a film on instead.

We all have a film that calms us down and we find comforting, the one you put on over and over again. So I asked hubby to put that on in the background - not that i watched any of it but it was nice to have it on .

...it was Apollo 13 -dont ask. I would have given birth to bloody Tom Hanks had I not transferred. LOL

I love the idea of Metallica being on your music list! I told OH that I was thinking of adding "Back in Black" by AC/DC to my list -he just smirked.

lol yep, got Nothing else matters are on there amongst some others :lol: Get some AC/DC on your list :) if it were down to my DH I'd have some songs that are a little too heavy for me in labour me thinks!

The MW's did have a giggle at me having the film on LOL! Gave them something to do I guess while I was doing my thing.

my waters went while i was watching snakes on a plane so i can relate to the film thing!!!!

I think I may start tailoring a Pandora Radio station so that I don't have to think about it too hard. Plus then I can access it where ever I am on my iPhone if necessary, should I not be home when the waters go. I can tune in until I'm home safe and sound.

I think anything thast's familiar to you and has good associations would work, really. For a film my fave is Whale Rider, but there's a "death by childbirth" scene at the start (there seems to be in every New Zealand/Maori based film, same with Boy.) so better give that a miss, or skip that bit! Loving the Metallica suggestion! I had all sorts of CD's sorted the last time, not sure if I'll use some again or make everything as different as possible.

Talking about films, I've got all of the Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister episodes to watch. I find them soothing and I'm hoping in early labour I might even be able to laugh at them, so getting a nice endorphin and oxytocin boost. I'm also planning Einaudi's music, as I find it soothing and uplifting and it holds my attention. Maybe Melissa Etheridge and Celine Dion too.

Here's what's on my labor playlist! :flower:

* Enya
* Eddie Vedder
* Sarah McLachlan
* Peaceful Christian music (worship)

Also I have a huge collection of nature sounds CDs on my Ipod as well. My favorite so far has been Amazon Rainforest sounds (rain, birds, etc). DH and I have been listening to this and practicing my breathing/relaxation techniques and I love it! Puts me to sleep too :)

Go to youtube, type in 'birth laughing' if you havn't seen this vid, it's a french lady, the vid is black and white, and I have watched it loads of times, in the background a song is playing- think it is 'let it grow' ..once you've seen the vid you'll get the connotations..who wouldn't want a birth like that!!

Did you all find that you took notice of the music? It's not something I've ever bothered with before.
There was a tv in the delivery suite with my first baby but I was far too preoccupied to take any notice of it. Never understood why they had one there and not in the ward afterwards.
Last labour room had a music player which the MW showed us but we had no music with us. I suppose it does make sense to have something to concentrate on instead of the next pain that's going to come!

Go to youtube, type in 'birth laughing' if you havn't seen this vid, it's a french lady, the vid is black and white, and I have watched it loads of times, in the background a song is playing- think it is 'let it grow' ..once you've seen the vid you'll get the connotations..who wouldn't want a birth like that!!

I LOVE that vid, it's been one I've watched over and over and always end up :cry: happy tears though! The song is on my labour cd aLOT :cloud9:

I LOVE that vid, it's been one I've watched over and over and always end up :cry: happy tears though! The song is on my labour cd aLOT :cloud9:

Can someone post that here so that I can watch it? Youtube won't let me :growlmad:

I can't work out how to share the vid from youtube, but this has been posted before here and is in this video, it starts @ 3.40min. The others are worth watching too :)

https://www.facetofind.com/video/114330581074-partosfrancia.html#downloading

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->