songs for labour?

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
I want to put some relaxing songs on my ipod for use during labour. Any suggestions?

I was gonna say "push it real good" salt and pepper but im not sure thts relaxing...sorry couldnt resist!!

h x

I was gonna say "push it real good" salt and pepper but im not sure thts relaxing...sorry couldnt resist!!

h x

lmao!!

What kind of thing are you into Blah? Relaxing as in no singing?

I decided on nothing as it would possibly ruin the songs I liked for me in future and remind me of pain. Though rammstein would go down well full blast lol

I can surgest some to you like Enya, clannad, some reiki cds which are relaxing. You get them in them new age shops for cheap or download them. I use youtube for looking up stuff and finding out the names.

h x

lmao!!

What kind of thing are you into Blah? Relaxing as in no singing?

HAHA @ Push it

I dont really know what sort of stuff im lookng for :( I guess just no hardcore rave type stuff or heavy metal :rofl:

Theres a guy called Dallas Green that has a project called City and Colour and its so relaxing! His voice is awesome and the songs are lush! https://www.myspace.com/dallasgreen He's definitely someone I'll be having on my iPod when I'm in labour! There's Imogen Heap too. She's very relaxing!

Hope this helps :D

Stayin' Alive is the first one that popped to my mind.

I'm all for upbeat more than relaxing and quiet. Laughing during labour was really helpful for me last time, and anything that lightens the tone is what I'd like!

My OH wanted to make me a cd with 'Push it' and 'I'm coming out' on it. Lol.x

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I can't imagine being sat still listening to my i-pod unless I have an epidural.....take your docking station honey:happydance:

some nice soul music or funky disco 70's/80's stuff would be my choice I think:blush:

Wow, I took all sorts when I went it -

Little dvd player with a few of my fave films
CD's (hosp provide a cd player)
Piccy's of my family

Just as my contractions started we put the original 'Parent Trap' on, just as they were getting in to a song I gave my OH the 'Death Stare' - he knew to turn it off!!! After that I just could not concentrate on anything!!

I would reconmend some massage oil - I had stuff from the body shop!!

What a good idea.. I'm definitely stealing my boyfriend's iPod and uploading my whole library onto it for labour hehe.

I like Enya... that relaxes me...

This is a great idea for early labor, when the contractions have not kicked up.

Then when they start coming and fast. I would need an epidural to make to push the buttons on the thing!

For early labour relaxing music, but not sure what yet. For later I'll have some motivational rock to keep me pumped up! Anything good for running along to should do the trick for me!

LOL @ push it !
I will also play upbeat music to get me smiling :)
One I am playing is 'sweet child o' mine' :)

Baby Baby by amy grant.

TBH i found 'relaxing' music irritating :rofl:

For me i needed Rock music and stuff that i could really loose myself in and sing along to at the top of my voice!

urghh i had music on when i was in labor and i just wanted them to turn it off it anoyed me so much!! haha ...i dunno i think i was to high...i cant think of any songs, at the hospital they had on sum crazy wale music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->