Sooo... OPK's? Not sure if im ovulating

OwlBump

Hubby, Son and Bump
Reaction score
Well where can i begin! I know what OPK's are briefly but I don't know if there's anything to look for when buying them.

Is there a particular brand or one i should try? :wacko:

It's our 8th month of no BFP so were starting to worry alittle. I only know for sure 1 out of 8 months that i actually ovulated. I was hospitalised in 2008 with a ruptured ovarian cyst that needed surgery and they didn't know if that could affect my fertility, also my sister has just been diagnosed with PCOS so i'm all freaked out!

I'd like to try home Ov kits before seeing a doctor.

Help!

Hi Owl!

I use the cheapie wonfo's, you can get 50 from amazon & 20 pregnancy tests all for $20.

Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026995KO/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2X1ZITIH00L9R

I've used them with the clearblue ones and in my opinion they are very accurate.

I also just bought a clear blue fertility monitor which I hear can be extremely helpful but it's expensive and it's only my first month using it so I can't say much about it yet.

My biggest advice is to make you are also basal body temping! It's the ONLY way to know for sure that you ovulated. OPK's will only tell you that you are going to, not that you did, that's why you should use both. Opk's to tell you when to BD and temp to make sure you O'd.

Good luck & lots of :dust:

I agree with the above poster, I used clear blue and Internet cheapies and the cheap ones were just as good - I got mine from eBay.

Checking your cervical mucus also works well along with temping

8 months is still early but it doesn't hurt to go to the gp - I went after 6 months (told him it was longer) and still was having tests at the hospital after 18 months (I then got pregnant)

Well where can i begin! I know what OPK's are briefly but I don't know if there's anything to look for when buying them.

Is there a particular brand or one i should try? :wacko:

It's our 8th month of no BFP so were starting to worry alittle. I only know for sure 1 out of 8 months that i actually ovulated. I was hospitalised in 2008 with a ruptured ovarian cyst that needed surgery and they didn't know if that could affect my fertility, also my sister has just been diagnosed with PCOS so i'm all freaked out!

I'd like to try home Ov kits before seeing a doctor.

Help!

Hi I am using clear blue monitor at the moment I am on my first cycle I used the monitor last time with my little boy it worked for me I used clearblue digital opk too I love seeing the smile face lol good luck :dust:

Internet cheapies all the way. You just have to follow the instructions to the letter or they can be hard to read (see my previous topic :blush:).

I found BBT charting very helpful as well as OPKs. We had been TTC for a year and the first month charting it worked! We kept DTD until the temp shift and so didn't miss O day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->