Sooo upset and embarrassed

MrsLo

Reaction score
So I had my baby 9 weeks ago. I gained 61 lbs when I was pregnant and have lost 42 so far... I was feeling pretty good about it.
Then today at the grocery store I saw someone I know (not real well) and she said "Oh you're pregnant! When are you due?"

OMG I was so embarrassed. Thank God I made it to the car before bursting into tears. I cried all afternoon.
I definately won't be going out in public anymore without the baby until I lose all the weight.

Chin up!
Walk tall and proud you've lost alot of weight! Well. Done!
This happened to me, best way just laugh it off.

Happened to me too when JJ was 5 weeks old. You've done so well, you should be proud of what you've achieved so far.

I got asked this when DS was 13months old by DH's cousin :cry: I was devasted & sobbed all weekend x
Be proud that you have lost so much weight x I've now lost 15lbs & I'm so proud of myself so you definitly should x
It is the one thing you dread people saying x I do feel for you hun I really do xxx

42lb loss is a HUGE achievement. You should feel very proud of yourself :flower:

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

About a year after I had Mady, I was working (at Walmart) and a woman who came through my line didn't even ask if I was pregnant...she automatically just started going off about how excited I must be to be having twins...:cry: That was a very bad day.

But try not to let it get to you too much, hun. Like someone else said, just keep your chin up. 42 pounds is a big accomplishment and you should be proud. :hugs:

Seriously!!!!! How do people make comments like that OMG!!! I would never consider assuming someone was pregnant unless they told me!! It is soooo rude!!

That is a huge loss - well done hum.

X

well done!!!! youve done so well!
when mia was 8 weeks old my brother patted my stomach and said "sure you havent got another one hiding in there!" and thats my brother! hes a pig!

:hugs: I agree 42 pounds is a great loss and you had your baby not long ago at all!

Well done on such a great weight loss! I´ve lost about 20lbs since having my baby 4 and a half weeks ago and about a week or 2 ago, a women in a fruit and veg shop here in Spain said to me " I thought you already had the baby? You look pregnant again, you should wear a corset or belly belt otherwise you are going to stay that way forever, and you are too young for that".. It was soul destroying, really I was so upset. But now I just look past it, I know the weight will come off, and so will yours, people just don´t think before they speak! Chin up! :) xxx

You shouldn't worry about it too much.. You've done a good job losing that pregnancy weight.. keep it up :thumbup:

You already did so good. Some people dont even get that far.

You should have told her you just had a baby and then asked when hers is due lol

Wow- 42 is a HUGE loss! Be proud of what you have done, and when someone says something like that, consider the source and be unimpressed.

I read your post, and I don't understand why at all you would be upset about something like this. You should be proud of yourself for losing all that weight! Every new mother goes through the same thing. You should definitely still go out in public without being embarrassed your a new mom! Who cares what people who don't know you think, those who do know you are probably really happy for you!

:shock: How rude!! You've done so amazing so far, keep at it, not far to go now! :hugs: x

I hope she was properly embarrassed at saying something so thoughtless.
On the other hand, your weightloss so far is fantastic!
And don't be too hard on yourself to sweat every little ounce off as fast as you can, either. The "nine months on, nine months off" frame of mind is very wise - it's realistic, it's healthy, and it's sustainable.
And remember - part of the reason we often get this post-partum is because we get stretched out in the bump area and it takes awhile for everything to tighten up again. I think it's because that's where a lot of us still carry the baby weight that there is often confusion.

Aw hon! I'd be crushed too. But you're doing great - you've already lost 2/3 of the weight! That's awesome! Big hugs!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->