Soooooooo done

HopefulMarla

Reaction score
I am gonna rant here. I am SO done. I have been in prodromal labor for WEEKS. I contract and contract and contract and my body will not dilate at all! I have had contractions for 2 days straight, and have progressed maybe half a centimeter. I am 39 weeks today. I have been in prodromal labor for two weeks now. I have to do this for another 2-3 weeks. Which substantially diminishes my chance for a vaginal birth because at this point there's no way I'm not getting induced. Two weeks of contractions and I have progressed maybe half a centimeter..... I have yet again not slept. I am sick of contractions. I am sick of mucus plug, and diarrhea. I'm sick of it all. I just wanted a healthy normal vaginal delivery, and I feel like that is not gonna happen at this point. Just. Done.

Not much to add here but :hugs: Sorry things aren't working out the way you'd hoped. Hope things either get started properly for you asap or settle down so you can get some rest
Xx

:hugs:

Ohhh I feel you. And I'm only 31 weeks.
It will all be worth it at the end:) (I tell myself that everyday lol)

I FINALLY slept, and I feel a lot better today! The contractions and mental defeat can definitely make it so you don't get enough sleep!! I'm feeling a lot more positive today

That's great you got some sleep. Hope things go a bit smoother for you and bubs makes their apparance very soon.

I am in the same boat as you but please don't think that it means that you can't have a vaginal birth. This is the longest part of labour and from what I've read a long prelabour actually leads to a shorter active labour.

What is a normal vaginal birth? Is it because you're afraid it won't be spontaneous that makes you think otherwise? I have an induction scheduled for Friday, but now I'm confused... Are my chances for vaginal delivery lower? I just thought that inductions takes away from the spontaneity of deliveries... I've never gone in for induction so I'm a bit nervous about it.

What is a normal vaginal birth? Is it because you're afraid it won't be spontaneous that makes you think otherwise? I have an induction scheduled for Friday, but now I'm confused... Are my chances for vaginal delivery lower? I just thought that inductions takes away from the spontaneity of deliveries... I've never gone in for induction so I'm a bit nervous about it.

An induction does increase the risk of a c-section. Women who have inductions are much more likely to use pain meds/epidurals which increase the c-section risk. It doesn't mean that you will for sure end up with one though, I was induced with my first and that was the only intervention I needed.

An induction does increase the risk of a c-section. Women who have inductions are much more likely to use pain meds/epidurals which increase the c-section risk. It doesn't mean that you will for sure end up with one though, I was induced with my first and that was the only intervention I needed.

Thank you! I've heard that before.. But I didn't want to ask if that's what she meant in my first post. I've never had a c section but I guess whatever it takes for a safe delivery. I've never been induced from start either. My waters broke previously and that's how my labors started.

OP- don't worry, I think it's the nerves and being sooooo done that are causing the negative thoughts to creep in.... Just stay positive and I'm sure your little one will surprise you!

Yeah! Sorry for the confusion. I'm just feeling really tired. After I slept, I was much more optimistic! I'm petrified about being induced, and even more afraid of a c-section. So, I was feeling like I was spinning out of control a little bit :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->