Sophie is 6 months!

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
I haven't updated on Sophie for a while so seeing as how she turned 6 months on Tuesday I thought I would write a wee update!

Sophie was born in March at 27 weeks, weighing just 1lb 13, after I developed severe pre eclampsia. After 12 weeks in neonatal, she came home weighing 5lb 6.

She has been doing really well since she came home and is so alert - smiling, recognising people, very nearly rolling over (she gets as far as her side then gets stuck!)....the past couple of weeks she's also started picking her toys up and clutching them and she absolutely loves books, which sounds crazy but she does! My mum bought her a little baby book and she was sitting on my knee turning the pages - so cute!

We started weaning her at 5 and a half months and we're still going slowly with that but she is enjoying it. I think her favourite is butternut squash but she also loves the Heinz fruit and yoghurt.

She was finally diagnosed with reflux last week (after we had suspected it since she came home!) - Gaviscon made it worse but she's now on staydown milk and so far that seems to be helping....fingers crossed!

She hates tummy time and doesn't do anything yet when we put her on her tummy (other than turn her head from one side to the other) but if I lie her on my chest she does push herself up. I hope she is going to start liking tummy time a bit more soon!

Here are a few recent photos of her :)

Attachments

• Sophie 10416.jpg
    Sophie 10416.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Sophie 10431.jpg
    Sophie 10431.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Sophie 10588.jpg
    Sophie 10588.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 8
  • sophiebook305.09.10.jpg
    sophiebook305.09.10.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 9
Aw what a a cutie :) by the sound of it shes doing great . isn't it amazing how they come on heaps and bounds.My LO as just mastered rolling over she makes me laugh, she rolls to her side looks around then topples over LOL

sophie is so cute and doing so well, YEAA SOPHIE, thanks for the update

what a cutie! rosalie hated tummy time too until she started rolling then suddenly it was ok lol xx

We love ya Sophie! See you soon! :hugs: xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->