Sophie - oxygen update

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Well, after all that stress yesterday, i got to speak to the doctor this morning when the ward round was going on. The nurse told him the situation regarding Sophie probably coming home on oxygen, and he said "Why on earth are you thinking of doing that when her saturations are sitting at 98-100 this morning?"!!! He said oxygen is definitely not appropriate for Sophie and that it's purely mechanical because the desats always happen when she is feeding. He said there is absolutely nothing wrong with her that time won't sort out, and that something just needs to click in her brain for the feeding and all of a sudden she will be fine. All it is, is that she gulps and swallows for ages and just forgets to breathe for a second or two, then she takes a few deep breaths and is fine.

This morning she was a lot better with her saturation levels - she was at 94-100 most of the time we were in, and even during her feed, she didn't dip once for the first 15 minutes. I took her off and winded her, and when she started feeding again she dipped to 80 but went straight back to 92 within 2 seconds. Then she dipped down to 59 and went straight back up. Even though she was still dipping, it was a big improvement on yesterday.

The doctor said it's amazing that she is even able to breastfeed so well when she still has 2 weeks till her due date and he said she is doing everything they would want her to be doing, in the way of breathing, growing, putting on weight, feeding etc etc.

Sophie's sleep study is being repeated on friday night - fingers crossed that the few extra days will help her. They have said she won't need to be in till her due date but even so, we have said we don't want to rush things and be bringing her home on oxygen purely so we get her home quicker. What's another week when we will have been there 12 weeks - even though we are longing to get her home we'd rather give her that wee bit longer.

She is doing fantastic, and she is so beautiful :)

Thank you for letting me see her today. You and Alan are lovely people to know!

She is doing fantastic, and she is so beautiful :)

Thank you for letting me see her today. You and Alan are lovely people to know!

thank you for coming to see us today and for letting me hold Alex - what a gorgeous girl she is! You too are a lovely person to know - and I don't know what I'd have done without you and Dona!

xxxx

I forget to offer cuddles :blush: my poor wee granny didnt get any yesterday :rofl:

Excellent news, I thought it sounded a little drastic considering she sats very well the vast majority of the time. I'm sure she can beat these dips in no time!

sb22 - loving the 'Baby GaGa" babygro, where is it from?!

fleeeeeabay.! I swear the guys gonna be rich at this rate, everyone wants one. :D

Sophie needs one. I've decided. :rofl:

She is doing brilliant hun! I bet you are super chuffed now!

She is doing really well! x

That's great news she is doing brilliantly. I will keep everything crossed for Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->