Sophie update (born 27 weeks)

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Hello

A lot of you will remember Sophie being born at 27 weeks due to me developing severe pre eclampsia. She is doing so well this week I thought I would give you a wee update!

Sophie is now 7 weeks and 4 days old and weighs 4lb 3. She was just 1lb 13.8 when she was born. She was moved out of intensive care into high dependency a week past Monday, and on Tuesday this week she went into a heated cot and clothes :)

She is coming off the CPAP - the nurses have discovered that she does really well overnight when it's quiet and can manage 5.5-6 hours off it, but through the day she is too busy looking around at what's going on and forgets to breathe...they are going to start trying to trick her into thinking it's still nighttime!

She has been learning to suck this week - the nurses have been putting a dummy into her mouth while she is getting her feeds through her feeding tube and she is really good at sucking it. She also got a few drops of milk straight into her mouth yesterday and loved it!

Today she was on no oxygen at all, just air - woohoo!

Attachments

• 03052010 024.jpg
    03052010 024.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 03052010 013.jpg
    03052010 013.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 03052010 023.jpg
    03052010 023.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG0047A.jpg
    IMG0047A.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 43
That's great news she is doing fantastic!
You'll soon be counting down the hours until you can take her home :)
She is absolutely gorgous xxx

Oh she is so gorgeous!! She is doing so well, Im sure you are very proud of her :)

That's great news she is doing fantastic!
You'll soon be counting down the hours until you can take her home :)
She is absolutely gorgous xxx

Thank you :) Anna is doing great too, before you know it, you will be where we are. xx

That's great news hun! Well done Sophie!!!

Ahh she is lovely, & doing so well!! It is brilliant when they reach the major milestones such as moving rooms or coming out of the incubator! Won't be long until she is home now :o)

She is doing soooo well!!! She looks absolutely gorgeous, its great when they finally get to wear clothes isnt it?!

Sophies in the bay next to where Alex stayed! :D Alex was on the right . God im sad.....

Sophies in the bay next to where Alex stayed! :D Alex was on the right . God im sad.....

Awww! Funny that you can recognise it! So Alex must have been where Sophie's wee partner in crime, Oliver, is! x

She's doing so well. Hopefully won't be long until she's home xx

i dont belong here, just sneaked in! shes gorgeous hun :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back