Sore Breast, Lump?! Clogged Duct?

Kelx44

Reaction score
Ive been pumping my milk and I noticed this morning my left breast feels sore and almost like a baseball size lump in in. Is this a clogged duct? Im not sure what I need to do too make it go away. Anyone experience this?

A baseball sized lump seems pretty big. Is there any redness? I'd be concerned about getting mastitis, which is an infected clogged duct, but there's a couple things you can do to help unclog it.

Use a warm heating pad or face cloth on the sore spot, press down on the outer part of the lump and apply pressure inward (towards your nipple), and pump pump pump!

I would see a doctor to be sure, but definitely get seen asap if you notice a red streak on the lump or if you start feeling like you have the flu (fever, aches, malaise).

Hope it clears up on its own for you though!

So I used my hand held pump instead and after pumping it totally went away!!!!! So weird and the pain vanished! Must of been a clogged duct. ScAred the crap outta me

Weird, maybe it was the way your manual one was positioned?

So glad it sorted itself out!

I get a softball size clog in my right side every couple of weeks. I get mine out by looking for a bleb on my nipple. It looks like a little white head. I just pop it and milk comes pouring out! I have had to take a sterilized needle to it before but I was desperate!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->