Sore nipples after weeks of painless feeding!

misswren

Proud mama of 3 girlies
Reaction score
Hey ladies, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

When I started feeding my LO she moved her head with my right nipple in her mouth and it was cracked badly and my left a little, I stuck with it even though once or twice in the early weeks I considered formula but stuck with it and by 4 weeks I was totally healed, happy I'd persevered and, despite occasionally feeling like a dairy cow on clustery days, thought we were set.

A couple of days ago my right side was slightly painful to feed from and I thought maybe she'd clamped down a little and bruised me but now both nipples are bright red, sore between and during feeds :( The skin isn't cracked, just very raw looking.

It seems to have co-incided with P chucking more milk out after her feed and having a slightly more explosive bottom so it could be connected? I've started using my lansinoh again today but any other advice would be appreciated, thanks :hugs:

sounds like it could be thrush, probably best to go and see a doctor as soon as you can x

Thanks! I just read up on it and it seems likely especially as I was on antibiotics last week so I probably killed my good bacteria alongside my infection!

Yeah, thrush is a b*tch.
A little white vinegar diluted in water dabbed on your nipples after a feed will help. Put it on before the lansinoh. But baby will likely need medicine or acidophilus, seems like she's all out of whack if her poops are effected also.

I'm going to the docs tomorrow to get some treatment , in the meantime I have been doing actimel shots hehe.

The pain is hideous, I just keep remembering how glad I was that I didn't give up when I had cracked nipples but that clamping down thing she does when she is distracted during a feed does bring tears to my eyes.

Paloma is in better humour now, as is her backside so hopefully this won't take long to shift!!

thrush? I was going to say chapped... yes that hurt me! ouch

GL :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"