Sore, numb fingers / hands... anyone???

MamaK

Mama to Miles
Reaction score
Yesterday and today I have woken up with numb hands, where you cant even make a fist properly without it hurting a bit, there is also far less strength in them too.

And through the day its the same, kind of sore / numb fingers and hands.

I read some stuff online this morning which all points to carpal tunnel syndrome, and I know it could be this.... but my hands are also swollen, cant get my normal rings on, so could it just be a case of water retention that makes them feel like this?

Anyone else had this? Any ways of 'getting your hands back to normal' or is this it til the birth?

xxx

Mine get swollen a little when ive been out all day and they feel like i cant make a fist with them. Maybe water retention.

unfortunately i get this too, kinda feels like what i can only imagine arthritis must feel like.

I asked my MW and she said it's water retention, and yep this is it till after birth! I can't wear my wedding rings or anything as i'm so swollen!

Never mind not too long left now!

Laura and Flumpity Flump.
xxx

Thanks girls!

Its just such a weird feeling! Not nice at all. We are also having quite hot weather in Holland that could add to it I guess.

Hugs to you all, and as you said, not long to go!!! :cloud9:

xxx

i've had carpel tunnel syndrome since first tri and ur symptoms sound very much like mine! it makes ur hands swell 2 and it usually starts in thumb and tips of first few fingers then sometimes moves to rest of hand. its to do with pressure on something in ur wrist so tilting ur hands back (or if at night getting wrist splints that tilt them back) help. also keeping them moving, wiggling fingers and massaging hands help me a bit 2 but mostly its here til the birth!

No advice for you Hun. Just sending a hug and hope it goes down/ pain eases.

X

I've got this too, it's worse when I wake up in the morning, can't wear my rings or make a fist. My fingers look gross - all puffy and fat (just like the rest of me then!!) I hope they get better after LO appears!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->