Sore throat..Help!

J

Jade--x

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to help a sore throat? Its agony I can't swallow I've pretty much lost my voice and my LO has it too - His throats covered in scratches where he's grabbing it and he's kept me up all night crying with it.

I've tried a simple linctus stuff and its not touched it - if anything made it worse. I would usually use Tyrozets but I don't have any and LO can't have those.

Anyone have any suggestions? Or home remedies?

Both me and LO got a cold & sore throat 2 weeks & abit weeks ago. I just kept giving LO nurofen, calpol (not at the same time) and kept offering hot milk, yogurts and the odd ice lolly as she wasn't really eating. My throat is still sore but it keeps coming and going which is odd, i've just keep drinking hot drinks as it seems to soothe it alot.

I have taken them beechams cold & flu tablets in the past when I've had a cold and they're abit expensive but worked great. x

I'm currently suffering from a sore throat too, out of all the cold symptoms I think sore throat is the worst. It started yesterday and has now turned into a full blown cold. Try to drink lots and lots of fluids, and LO too. I drank my weight in water yesterday and although I was peeing all day/night my throat does feel like its getting better today.

Also gargling salt water is supposed to help if you can handle the taste. Oh and warm water with lemon juice with honey! Hope you both feel better soon.

I'm trying to get as much fluids down LO as possible but taking a sip and then screaming in pain and won't drink anymore he's only 13 months so I can't explain it to him bless him. I might give him some lemon and honey see if it helps him. My oldest and my mum seem to be the only ones who haven't got it!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->