Sore wrists and ankles

broodymrs

Mummy to my boys
Reaction score
Hi all

A few days ago I noticed my right ankle was hurting and it's gradually got worse. Yesterday noticed my wrists were a bit sore too. Today both ankles and both wrists hurting and it's got worse throughout the day. I'm in a lot of pain now. Really struggled with tidying up toys this evening. Feels like there's no strength in my joints and they hurt every time I move. Anyone know what it is? I do have spd so was wondering whether it might be linked as I believe that's down to relaxin affecting your body. I had a bit of carpal tunnel with ds but it was right at the end, only on my right hand and nothing like as painful as this is. Any ideas how to relieve it?

I got sore joints in (and after) every pregnancy, first my knees, then my elbows, wrists, ankles, fingers... In my second pregnancy, it got so bad that I saw the GP about it but they couldn't figure it out and neither could the two other doctors I've seen since. I've done a lot of "research" online and have come across several proposed explanations, mostly from "alternative" sources, but nothing well established in conventional medicine or science.

As I was pretty desperate at one point (my fingers and wrists were so sore I literally couldn't hold my 2-year-old's hand!), I decided to give the supplements suggested by the various alternatives. A go, since it was all just vitamins anyway. I started taking vitamin b6 (in its p5p form, apparently that's important), zinc, manganese and vitamin d and felt better literally within days. That was a year and a half ago and it never got bad again. Now that I'm pregnant again, I take a prenatal (Thorne Basic Prenatal) as well as extra vitamin d (as mine is low) and p5p. I've had some niggles but nothing serious at all. Especially the benefits of vitamin d seem to be relatively well documented.

I got sore joints in (and after) every pregnancy, first my knees, then my elbows, wrists, ankles, fingers... In my second pregnancy, it got so bad that I saw the GP about it but they couldn't figure it out and neither could the two other doctors I've seen since. I've done a lot of "research" online and have come across several proposed explanations, mostly from "alternative" sources, but nothing well established in conventional medicine or science.

As I was pretty desperate at one point (my fingers and wrists were so sore I literally couldn't hold my 2-year-old's hand!), I decided to give the supplements suggested by the various alternatives. A go, since it was all just vitamins anyway. I started taking vitamin b6 (in its p5p form, apparently that's important), zinc, manganese and vitamin d and felt better literally within days. That was a year and a half ago and it never got bad again. Now that I'm pregnant again, I take a prenatal (Thorne Basic Prenatal) as well as extra vitamin d (as mine is low) and p5p. I've had some niggles but nothing serious at all. Especially the benefits of vitamin d seem to be relatively well documented.

Thank you. I was wondering if it might be vit d. I'm pretty alternative anyway (I'm an acupuncture student) so I'd be more inclined to believe some of those sources over conventional medicine. I think I'll see gp tomorrow as it's started in my fingers now too but also start vit d

any rash type things on your legs? i got all these joint pains then rashed raised lumps on legs then swollen feet and it was something called erythema nodosum x

No rash. Gp thinks it might be arthritis 😜 Apparently it can develop in pregnancy. I'm really hoping that's not the case and it's just vit d. I've started a vit d supplement just in case anyway

Just to update, my blood test results came back and I'm anaemic and the markers for arthritis look as though I do have it. It's borderline however and apparently the results can be skewed by pregnancy so I'm just being monitored for now. My vit d was surprisingly ok but I started taking supply two weeks ago and my pain has eased so I'm wondering if I was deficient but my the time I had the blood test my supplements had kicked in.

I just started experiencing this with my ankles this past weekend.

My right ankle was soooooo achy last night. I was trying to explain to my boyfriend that it felt like the bones aching...not the muscle.

No idea what's causing it or how to fix it, but I can relate!

I have wicked carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel in both arms, all the way from back to shoulder down elbow to fingers (cubital starts in your back). I'm up on both iron & vit D as I'm really afraid of the consequences to baby with low D & iron (learning disabilities with low iron and birth defects for low D) so these really aren't a factor for me. I find circulation helps ie hot shower always alleviates the pain, when I wake from sleeping for 7 hours I'm in SO much pain. I was going to go work out and see if this helps any. My left side is worse than right but funny enough left is always tighter muscles than right so it seems to make sense. I don't have swollen anything ie no swollen feet ankles or anywhere else but def feel like an old lady with all this pain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->