Sorry I know I'm a pain in the bum but...

Snowball

Resident badass
Reaction score
I've got a total of 1 bag :)smug:) of ebm in my freezer and I'm off out tonight so need to defrost it for my DH. What's the best way? Shall I leave it out on the side or put it straight in the fridge? Desperate to get this right as my DH is more clueless than what I am :rofl:

ETA: I've now got 2 bottles of 4oz and a bag of 5oz. If I express another 4oz later on will that be a substantual amount to take Ozzie from 5pm till the early hours of the morning? I keep having visions of him starving and me not being here to feed him. He feeds like a maniac in the evenings which is why I'm so worried :/

i would think that will be enough hun. you can defrost by putting in fridge and doing it slowly but if oh needs more in a hurry you can just put it into a jug of warm water - should defrost in about 5 mins that way :)

whatever you do tho dont defrost all of it incase he doesnt take it and you'll have to throw it away :cry:

:hugs:

i would think that will be enough hun. you can defrost by putting in fridge and doing it slowly but if oh needs more in a hurry you can just put it into a jug of warm water - should defrost in about 5 mins that way :)

whatever you do tho dont defrost all of it incase he doesnt take it and you'll have to throw it away :cry:

Would it be a better idea to defrost it and make it into 2 feeds? I was quite impressed by that particular pumping session, my boobs are usually stingy :rofl:

I think after tonight I'm going to express once a day and store in the freezer for when I go out again. Then I won't be in such a panic everytime I go out:dohh:

i'd say to defrost the 5 oz and make 2 feeds - that way if he doest want all of it (5oz is quite a bit for his age) you're not wasting as once he starts feeding that feed cant be ut away and re used:thumbup: i'm sure 13 oz will be more than enough hun :D

well done your boobies :D :happydance:

Yup, I agree.

I store milk in 2 to 5 ounce bits and everything in between. You can always defrost more, but you waste it if they don't eat it all at once.

Leave most of it frozen. If he gets desperate, defrosting it by running under warm water only takes about 3-5 minutes. :thumbup: That is how Otter's caregivers defrost all his milk. They wait until he is hungry (as he demand feeds) and then put it in warm water.

Would it be a better idea to defrost it and make it into 2 feeds? I was quite impressed by that particular pumping session, my boobs are usually stingy :rofl:

I think after tonight I'm going to express once a day and store in the freezer for when I go out again. Then I won't be in such a panic everytime I go out:dohh:

This is exactly what I do. I pump once a day so that I can build up a freezer supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->