Sorry if this is long winded......any thoughts?!

Truffleax

TTC our 1st Baby :)
Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Sorry if this is confusing / long winded but..........

I had an early miscarriage in January on the 18th / 19th anyway after that I had my first AF on 25th February so took 5 weeks for that to arrive before that I hadn't had an AF since the end of November. Anyway since losing our little bean it has made me and OH realise how much we really want it so I bought some cheap ovulation tests to try and track the best time to try (I now have a CBFM but can't use this until next month). Anyway I was expecting to ovulated by now and have been doing my ovulation tests since CD 11 today is CD 18 and still not got a positive ovulation test yet have been having ovulation pains since about CD13 and still have them now me and OH have been BDing anyway Im hoping that I perhaps have just done the tests wrong or something or maybe I haven't ovulated yet?! whats confusing me is these ovulation pains feel like the odd mild pains that I had last time I was pregnant so its all making me feel a bit odd to be honest bringing back to me what happened last time and everything. Im right in thinking it would be totally stupid to think I ovulated before starting my tests wouldnt it? CD 10 would be too soon right? and Id be silly for thinking these pains could be due to being pregnant again ? this TTC lark is all so very confusing I just wanted some advice from you ladies in the know Iv not been TTC properly for long so im still learning about it all. The other thing I meant to mention is around CD 8/9 my CM was cloudy then I had a bit of stretchy CM around CD 11 but not as stretchy as usual and then iv not really noticed much after that. I hate how we don't know whats going on in there!!! lol

Sorry once again for the essay! lol

xxxxx

:hugs: I'm having a similar problem with OPK's! We are also using cheapies and it's our first month of using them. We've been TTC since loosing our LO but never used OPK's.

I started testing CD13 (because that's what the instrustions said - I usually have a 30 day cycle) and haven't had any positive tests. I'm now CD19.

I'm sorry I can't really help! But I have no idea what's going on either! I too think I've started testing too late (OV before CD13). My friend is also using OPK's and starts testing at CD7 but she only has a 26 day cycle.

I think next month I'm going to start from as soon as I stop bleeding. I just don't know. :( I really wanted to be pregnant this month too! :cry:

I hope you get some answers honey - I'll be very interested in them!

Awww its so annoying that they aren't helping us isn't it! grrr :( We have been BDing anyway so if the tests just aren't working we have still at least tried will have to wait and see I guess don't worry if you have been BDing anyway im sure there will still be a chance you might have conceived this month hun don't give up until AF shows her ugly face!

I hope you get some answers too we will have to keep each other posted! :) next month I have a clear blue fertility monitor so should be more accurate for me im looking forward to using it but hoping i may not need it :) xxx

I don't opk as use cbfm but read a lot of ladies do a few tests a day around ov time to catch the surge - LH is more likely to show in the afternoon - I think Debgreasby does this - but there must be some opk experts here!!

hx

We've being BDing regularly so fingers crossed! :dust: for you!

Thanks hb1 iv been doing mine after work in the evening at around 6pm my instructions said not to drink anything 2 hours before doing it and to do it between 12 - 8pm so Im not sure if iv messed up somewhere coz I generally don't drink that much which I know is bad im wondering if my urine being too concentrated might have messed it up maybe.

xxxx

Well sounds like you're doing everything right - maybe ask Megg or Debs as they are OPK pro's!! :)

As long as you are bding every/everyother then don't see how you can go far wrong.

Even if you do it all right there's still no guarentees ( if only !!:) ) - have been using the CBFM , softcups, taking all the vits, bding every other and then every day on my peaks and still got caught by :witch: today - pants!!

Sorry to hear you got caught by the :witch: hb1!

Well my tests have gone completely negative now. I am testing 3pm everyday. I had a light line on the control band on the 13th March but not strong enough to be a positive. If I don't catch this month I think I'll start testing twice to three times a day.

I suppose I can't do anything now. We BDed on 12th, 13th & 14th so I'm hoping I've caught. Let me know how you get on Truffle. :hugs:

awww good luck hun I hope you have caught! :) I have heard Opks not working for everyone and i think the instructions can be so specific i bet its easy to do something wrong.

well so far for me i have the same twinges as last time i was pregnant along with a couple of the same symptoms but it's early days so far im trying to be hopeful without getting too obsessed just incase i end up being disappointed but fingers crossed the signs are good so far :) Im not due until around the 25th - 29th of this month so I guess il have to be patient so hard tho! lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->