sorry it has taken me so long! birth story

kate1984

Expecting a Princess
Reaction score
I was told to ring on monday 30/08 to check that delivery had a room for my booked induction due to having GD at 38+3, so i rang at 7:30am and was told they were all ready for me. I then went and threw up with nerves lol!

Liam and I arrived on delivery suite at 8:30am and was taken into our room, i was hooked up onto monitor and left for a hour to get a good trace of baby, then all hell broke loose on the unit with crash sections and a woman even gave birth in the car park, so i was left until 3pm when they put in my first prostin.... 6 hrs later NOTHING.

I sent Liam home and told him to get some kip as it might be in the night, so i got my head down and tried to rest but could hear a woman in the next room and it really worried me! I had 2nd lot of prostin and was getting really strong prostin pains was told these were NOT true contractions and was so pissed off as they really hurt!

Liam came back at 9am just as the consultant came into my room, he broke my waters and told me i was 3cms but still long and quite thick so would come back in 2 hours to put a drip up, he gave me a sweep while doing my waters and said it "might" help to stir things up.

7 minutes later i had the mother of all contractions and so out came the gas and air, it was fab lol, liam had a go and then got the giggles and kept hiding behind the curtain and playing peek a boo with me!

so after 20 mins i felt i couldn't cope and was screaming for help, the MW rushed in and i said i wanted to get on all 4's, as i did that i had a almighty urge to push! i was so scared i knew i was only 3cms and couldnt possibly push a baby out of that space! she checked me and the went white, all i can remember is her and liam grabbing my legs up in stirrups and her shouting for another MW to open a delivery pack and that i was complete and ready to deliver...

i started pushing and the pain as he was coming down the birth canal was terrible, i truley felt like i was ripping inside out, after 4 pushes he was crowning and so i puffed and panted and gave little nudges to get his head out slowly, then the MW literally pulled on his head and pulled him from my foof! i could have bloody punched her!

I had a active labour of just over a hour, 2 little grazes that have healed already and my son is breasting feeding like a pro!

He weighed 7lbs 13oz and came on 31st august with a head of light brown hair and girls i am sooooo in love!

he is jaundiced at the minute and im hoping this goes soon but he is well and so am I. Last night liam asked me if I we could start trying again staright away for another as he wants them close together, but for me that crowning pain is far to clear in my head so for now my uterus is closed!!!!!!!

Thanks to all the girls that have helped me over the past few months xxx

congrats hun fab story wish id sen mw's face when she realised you were ready an hour later ha ha !!!

Congratulations to you both, He's absolutely gorgeous. X

Lovely story! Congratulations!! God I can't wait for mine now :) xxx

Congrats hun he is gorgeous -Well done you x

Ahhh well done ol liam doesn't hang around!!!

Awww well done hun!! Liam playing peek a boo behind the curtain made me giggle :haha: Congratulations to you both! :flower: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->