Sorry TMI but I'm a little concerned.

rottiemiss

mummy to a princess
Reaction score
I'm sorry it is TMI but didn't know what to do :nope:. I think my vagina is swollen. It's really uncomfortable. Is it normal? Should I phone my midwife tomorrow or will she just laugh at me? I haven't really felt bubba much in the last 48hrs either so now I'm worried that there is some connection

I can no longer look down there myself so waiting on hubby getting in from work so he can have a look :shrug: sure he won't mind.

:hugs:

Awww hun sorry to hear that. I know that a lot of women get increasd blood flow to that area so that could be why are are swollen.

Does it hurt to touch and have you got any unusual discharge?

Any no your midwife wont laugh at you :hugs:

If you want to put your mind at rest you could always call your doctor. They wont need to come round to see you if you dont want them to but they may be able to give you advice over the phone?

Sorry i cant be more help hope you feel better soon
xx

I have heard that swelling down there can be pretty normal, I would call your midwife though if your worried, she wont laugh at you hun either.....

Hi honey, from what I can gather this is fairly normal. I was quite swollen until about 4 weeks ago an although it is not as bad now I am very tender!! I think it is a combinaton of hormones an extra blood flow to that area.
I am sure the midwife will not laugh at you - remember she has spoken and about and probably seen more lady parts than either of us have had hot dinners!!! Good luck sweets :hugs: xxxxxx

thanks ladies :hugs:

it's quite tender. no unusual discharge, I've had a really watery discharge since I was about 10wks but theres been no change to it.

I think I'll definitely phone the midwife in the morning.

hey rottiemiss just noticed you are from fife too!!! Gosh I hope you don't know me other wise you will know all about my swollen bits!!!!

I know, I was just thinking the same thing :haha:. I'm from Dunfermline. :hugs:

phew, okay not likely to know you haha!!! Am next to G/roth, can stop sweating now!!! You under care at Forth Park?

yeah, they have a diabetes antenatal clinic there on a wednesday that I have to go to. So I'm there alot. Is all your care there too?

Don't you mean that your labia is swollen as oppose to your vagina. If so, just like hands, feet and ankles becoming swollen due to oedema, it is very common to have oedema to the labia.

Don't you mean that your labia is swollen as oppose to your vagina. If so, just like hands, feet and ankles becoming swollen due to oedema, it is very common to have oedema to the labia.

Yeah I mean both labia minora and labia majora though

I wouldn't worry about the midwife laughing.. my doctor laughs at me at every visit! It just means he's heard the question a 1000 times.

yes my care is there too, quite alot of muck ups but they are soooo nice i can't hold it against them. xxxx

there system is a bit odd, I still can't get my head round the fact that you have to make appts at each department seperately. They are lovely though

i have the same exact thing. just saw my doc last week. she called it varicosity of the vulva (like varicose veins). she said it's completely normal and there's not much they can do about it except can refer you to a place to buy a "belt" that slings around down there and holds "stuff" giving you support. i cracked up looking at it, it looks like a cotton chastity belt! :dohh:

i'm going to try to make it without the belt....although sometimes when my husband makes me laugh really hard i have to hold myself because it feels like it's going to blow up....which of course makes my husband and i laugh even harder......:haha:

Yeah I mean both labia minora and labia majora though

Yeah, the swelling to the labia majora and labia minora commonly become oedematous. But you said vagina which is different, the vagina is inside, you don't see it :)

I phoned my midwife n she says it's thrush and sent me out to get some canestan cream. The swelling was even worse this morning my labia majora is about 3x the thickness it usually is :shrug: it's so uncomfortable :cry:

oh honey hope you start feeling a bit less sore soon xoxox

I was going to suggest maybe it was thrush, sorry, bit late now!!! I had my wisdom tooth out last week, that got infected and then the antibiotics they gave me for that gave me thrush :wacko: I've got the cream but not the tablet part as my doctor said it was worth trying just the cream first

I can totally sympathise with you, hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->