sorry to ask again but swine flu jab....

congo

Pregnant - 2nd Trimester
Reaction score
has anyone had it? i have my appointment tomoro and i said to a girl in work. she asked was i really gonna get it cuz if it was her she wudnt?

grrrrr i dont know wat to do

please advise if it was u

I had it at 12 weeks - no problems and no regrets x

This is my experience...it might help x

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/225022-swine-flu-jab-had-today.html

Hi Im sorry I don't have any advice but I'm also wondering about the jab...
I've heard that the flu has been known to build up an immunity against the jab so it may not prevent u from getting it anyway... How true is this do u think? I don't know whether to get it or not :-S
I'll stalk this thread if anyone else has some advice for us!

I've not had my first doctor's appointment since getting my BFP last wk so have not been offered it yet, but I will definately get it. I've had fluey cold since last week and got a temperature at the wk end which was quite scary as early development is temperature sensitive (which is why pregnant women need to avoid saunas etc.).

I just don't think you can bank on not catching swine flu and the risks from this would be greater than with the jab. A friend of a friend is a doctor who is pregnant and she has just opted for the vaccine.

It's completely up to you though - speak to your doctor or midwife and do what you feel most comfortable with.

Best of luck with everything,

B x

i wont be getting it, just my personal choice, sorry could not be much help x

Hiya. It is a difficult one, but I'm definitely going to get it, I only got offered it last week so will have it soon. I know pople who have had it and i's really really awful, and as we're pg it's not just the sickness it's the complications I personally worry about. I also commute to London every week day so I'm surrounded by sickly people on public transport! My hubby has been offered it as he is particularly at risk from getting viruses after he had viral mengitis a while back, he still picks things up easily and also had gladualr fever not long after being in hopsital and that can come back when he feels run down, so I don't want either of us to take the risk of getting it. I would go with your gut instinct and take into consideration your personal circumstances. Good luck woth whatever your choice is hun x

I got it 4 weeks ago at 10+4.

No regrets and no probs since. Due to a car accident last Friday, I had to have a scan. Baby was so active and everything looks great, so I amn't worried that it has had any effect on my baby.

Good luck with deciding!

Hi Congo

I was offered it at 10 weeks but declined. I chose not to have it after reading info about it and weighing up the pros and cons. I will have it, just not until 2nd tri.

Hi queenemsie, do u have a link to any of the pro/con things you've been Reading about the jab? What were the biggies that made u decide?
It's such a hard decision! Xx

i had mine at 8 weeks, no problems and no regrets. its entirely a personal choice, have a chat to your healthcare service if your unsure x

I have decided not to have it most of my reasons have been brought up in this thread its easier to post the link than sit and type them!!

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...-do-people-have-refused-swine-flu-jab-16.html

theres also another thread somewhere for people who have it had too may be worth looking at too

xx

Your personal decision should be based on whether you want that stuff in your body or not. Simple as that. It is not "new", it is not "untested". There is no evidence that it is bad for you and your baby. If you're the wholesome type who eats organic and is very careful about putting foreign things in your system, I don't think the vaccine is for you. And chances are good that you'll be fine without it.

We all intake plenty of other stuff through the environment and our food that I'm sure is way more harmful than a small dose of a vaccine. I didn't hesitate to get it.

I'm now beginning to think I won't have it. After further research (whilst I should he working lol, oops) I found this...

https://www.beautedemaman.com/2009/...d-pregnancy/?gclid=CI6QrcmU254CFReZ2AodJWVTKg

Section/question 8 particularly interested/concerned me. If it may not offer protection then I think I'd prefer to have less risk and not have it. I'm worried that if I do have it I'll have bad effects and still get flu anyway :-S
Hope this helps! Don't forget it is 100% your decision, don't he pressured into it by your doc xx

It is safe for pregnant women, I got it before I got pregnant, but I would have gotten it anyways. I work at a hospital and they made us get it there because we were on an outbreak. I know many other pregnant co-workers who checked with their OBGYN's who said it was fine.

I've already had Swine flu, but will still have the jab in the 2nd tri ( need to get over my MS first) as most of the complications tend to involve pregnant woman. In my mind, the chances of contracting swine flu are much greater than experiencing problems with the vaccination. Might be a rather simple perspective, however it works for me.

I had mine just a few hours ago (I'm in Montreal). Was well organized, hundreds of people in line (despite it being last week it's offered just about everywhere) and it still took under an hour, and that includes the 30 minute wait for expecting mothers (15 for everyone else), just in case you might have a reaction.

If you're pregnant you get the type 'sans adjuvant' which means the same vaccine, without the immune system booster.

Our bodies are exposed to viruses all the time and develop antibodies naturally. This is just encouraging your body to develop an antibody to a known dangerous type of the flu. Your body reacts to it by developping its own defence. It's not like they give you an artifical subtance to do so.

The swine flu (or ah1n1 as it's called here) is considered more dangerous mostly because it's much more contagious than the regular flu. Beyond that it doesn't make people particularly 'sicker' than the regular flu.

The way I see it - if my getting vaccinated means I prevent someone from catching it, say the old man I see at the bus stop every morning, even if it does nothing to me except a few days of flu, I'll have done a very good thing. I think it's responsible to get the shot. But I also understand people who are reluctant and would rather wait until there is more data out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->