Sorry to gatecrash but...

LongRoadAhead

♥Due 06/05/09♥
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of you ladies used a doppler during your first tri, and if so would you mind recomending one to me that you found to be good? But not overly expensive
Id love to hear the LO's heart beat.
Many Thanks
Ash x

I used the Angel Sounds one at about 14 weeks and (once I'd put decent batteries in it!) it worked really well and was only £20 or so off Ebay.

I was just wondering if any of you ladies used a doppler during your first tri, and if so would you mind recomending one to me that you found to be good? But not overly expensive
Id love to hear the LO's heart beat.
Many Thanks
Ash x

Hi Ash,

I used one from about 9 weeks (I still have it). I found it hard to pick up a heartbeat until about 10/11 weeks though.

I bought mine from mumstheword.com - this is the one I have and I've found it a god send... https://www.mumstheword.com/products-Hi-Bebe-BT200-LCD-Fetal-Doppler_DOP002.htm

It is expensive, but well worth the money in my opinion.

Good Luck xxx :hugs: xxx

I'm sure you can get them a lot cheaper, second hand or even rent one!

i got the bf500 of ebay for £30 inc postage, its brill, and i'll be putting it back on in afew weeks cos i feel him kicking now i don't use it so much.
xx

Thank you all for your helpfull replies :)
I will deffinantly be getting one soon
Hope you all have happy and healthy pregnancys
X x

IMO, and its just that a personal opinion, I think you'd be wasting your time and putting yourself in a potentially stressful position. The HB is very hard to find at such an early stage and what if you dont find it? Will you be relaxed about not finding it? Or will a touch of paranoia kick in. I know if it was my OH she'd be worried sick and stressed if she couldnt. Why dont you ask your MW what she thinks?

If your after a decent doppler your wanting to spend the money - you can either keep it for your next pregnancy or look at is as you could sell it on and make some £ back after baby is born.

I highly recommend:
https://www.anawiz.com/acatalog/fetal_doppler.html
4th down
https://www.anawiz.com/acatalog/BW01s.jpg

I got HB at 9.4 & 9.5 on both pregnancies and I'm not a skinny lady ...16 bottom 18 tops x

IMO, and its just that a personal opinion, I think you'd be wasting your time and putting yourself in a potentially stressful position. The HB is very hard to find at such an early stage and what if you dont find it? Will you be relaxed about not finding it? Or will a touch of paranoia kick in. I know if it was my OH she'd be worried sick and stressed if she couldnt. Why dont you ask your MW what she thinks?

Thank you for your reply.
I have heard alot of people say that they got a heart beat from 9 weeks onwards, and know it depends on which doppler I buy.
Im deffinantly going to buy one and just wanted to know other peoples experiences and which one they braught.
I wont be worried. I think its just something a mother wants to hear, there little ones heart beat, Your OH is probably the same and would love to hear it.
Thanks again,
X

With a history of losses the doppler was my saver - Id have stressed more without it. Has to be my best buy out of everything I bought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->