Sort of TTC after BC, and a little bit confused about ovulation!

ms_lola

Reaction score
Hello all :)

So I've been trawling the boards for coming off bc posts, but so far found none that mention what I'm after.

I came off the pill on the 21st May. BDing lots before and after this, until I got my withdrawal bleed on the 24th. It was fairly light, lasted until about the 27th. We then BD on the 29th, (yesterday) and last night I kept getting really low cramps. Anyway today I have been having I guess what you would call spotting, but its barely anything, only a brown tinge when I wipe.
(And wore a pantyliner to the gym, had a few brown spots on it afterwards)

I should mention that I've been on the pill for about 4 years, and rarely had periods in that time, and when I did they were extremely light. But I haven't had one for quite a while before stopping BC, so I have no idea what my cycle is like.

My question is, is it possible that I ovulated immediately after stopping BC? (I stopped mid pack too) And am now having implantation bleeding? Even though I had a withdrawal bleed 3 days after stopping BC?

I'm quite sure I'm really clutching at straws here....(It seems that while I'm NTNP, I'm actually becoming quite obsessed) however I rarely have spotting, even before BC I remember my periods were quite regular and spotting was not common.

I have read a few stories of people conceiving immediately after stopping BC, but I'm wondering - how 'immediately'? Does anyone know of people who have ovulated and conceived literally the day after stopping BC?

The idea of possibly getting a BFP in the next few weeks is too exciting to bear! :brat:

It's possible, but pretty unlikely. It's more likely that the spotting you're having is due to your body adjusting to being off BC.

That can definitely happen - it happened to a girl at work, with the implantation bleeding, not everyone gets it, I didn't get it with my first pregnancy (ended in miscarriage) but my sisters have both had it. From what I have read it usually happens 9 days after you ovulate. I hope that helps, and that its good news for you. Theres never any straight forward answers though, the moment you think "Oh so that's the golden rule" you find out there are so many exceptions. xxxx

Just wondering what the outcome was a something similar is happening with me ATM

Just wondering what the outcome was a something similar is happening with me ATM

Not much has happened so far! I've been experiencing a lot of 'symptoms', nausea, headaches, cold/flu symptoms, sore nipples, etc.
I am going to POAS tomorrow morning, which will be 20 days since I've stopped BCP. I have no idea whether or not I've ovulated, but the nipple soreness and morning nausea only kicked in during the last couple of days. If BFN tomorrow I'll test again in another week, around the time when I assume my AF would show.

What is going on with you?

I've no idea, I thought I saw a faint positive yesterday on an out of date test, tried some
More of the out of date tests since and didn't see anything. Will buy an in date test today.

I took last pill last Monday and had some spotting since then

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"