SoSoSo angry at hubby today...

paintrider89

Reaction score
So a little background, we are in the process of buying a home, and living in a 33 foot trailer at my parents house. I do all of my laundry and dishes in my moms house. Today I took over the dirty laundry, brought back the clean cloths from washing yesterday, and put all of my dirty dishes in a box, then asked hubby 2x to carry it over for me. Both times he ignored me. Not a word in response, so I decided to stop wasting my time, as I wanted to get them done and over with. As soon as I went and grabbed them, and started to my moms, he twlls me DD was stinky. I told him to deal with it, my hands were full.
Well DD was in a cloth diaper, and he doesn't like to deal with them, but all he had to do was change her, and I would take care of the rest.
He got mad at DD and yelled at her for trying to run around, which is something she frequently does. So I told him to forget it and I would deal with her. He finally got her changed, then proceeded to being me the dirty diaper and put it on the kitchen counter. I asked him to put it back on the washer, and I would deal with it.
As he walked out I herd a loud noise from the trash can. After I finished my dishes I walked back to find my $35 cloth diaper in the trash.
I am sooooo pissed. What freeking immature behavior.
I haven't spoken to him since. He knows I am giving him the silent treatment and continues to try and talk to me. I however childish as it may be, am waiting for an apology. He knows what he did, and I feel no reason to point out to him that it was wrong.
I was seriously so upset about finding my diaper in the trash, and that I had to dig it out that I had to sit down and cry. Which is where my DD found me. And at 17 months she doesn't understand, but clearly knew I was upset and tried to comfort me, which upset me more, because children shouldn't have to try and fix things.

I'm sorry to rant at you guys, but I am seriously quite emotional about this. Not so much the diaper, but the lack of respect my hubby showed me when he threw my diaper away.

Oh dear! Not much consideration for you there today. Can you maybe suggest a pamper day for you before baby comes. Just one day where you go out to the cinema fr a movie with a friend while he babysits & cooks & does the dishes. He'll appreciate you much more very quickly. Xx

Argh I would murder my DH if he threw ANY of my cloth nappies in the trash - and most of mine are 'cheapies' - but I have a couple of £30 ones that I adore.

You damn well deserve an apology :hugs:

I can see this happening in my house as I want cloth diapers and he doesnt. Apologie is definitely in order from him. Hope you have a better day!

I made my DH pay for half of the diapers, they're SO expensive! And I'd be asking him to consider moving out if he can get up off his arse to help out. My DH is pretty good but when he's bad, he's terrible. I moved out for a month when he 'forgot' to tell me that he had tickets booked to fly away abd see his brother instead of attending a weekend away in the mountains with 30 friends. It was the weekend at 5 months where we revealed to them we are pregnant. Then I made him do counselling, only then did I move home.

I know this probably isn't an option for you with a LO but have you considered asking him to move out until he can get a grip and help you out? You shouldn't have to go anywhere but he'd be almost on my divorce list with that kind of nonsense.

Wow, sounds like he's being a giant baby. Good for you for not screaming at him right then and there (I would have!).

Thanks for the replies ladies *hugs*
I did finally blow up at him after he insisted I talk to him, but I waited until DD was at my aunts house so she wasn't in the middle.
His 'excuse' was I told him to move the dishes, instead of asking him. Which was BS and I told him so. I am a very polite person and alwayse use 'please' in my requests to ANYONE.
He got a butt chewing, and was suprisingly helpful the rest of the day.
Today I am feeling like crap, and even came home from work after 2 hours, so as far as I'm concerned he can keep her in sposies and deal with all of the diapers today.

And honestly it wasn't the diaper being tossed in the trash so much as the fact that he would throw anything of value to ME away, was just hurtful. He often leaves his 'vsluable' possessions laying around for me to clean up, and I would never dream of just tossing them. If something belongs to someone you love, yoi don't just toss it away, it makes said person feel like garbage themselves...iukwim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->