Sound Sensitive Baby

Stacey89

Mother of 1
Reaction score
My baby is sound sensitive. She's a great behaved baby, but she is startled by people sneezing, she cries when something is dropped, the squeak in a door will wake her up when shes been sleeping for an hour...
She doesn't cry much, she's a very happy baby and laughs and smiles all the time.. Just easily woken up so she needs to nap a lot during the day to make up for the loss of sleep during the night..
pointers? anyone else going through this? advice?

We found this with Jamie when he was first born so invested in some White noise on the I pod and played it during the night it helped loads hope it helps

Ours was like this for the 1st month - made sleeping horrible for her. She's fine now, though. Dog barking and doorbells don't even wake her. Maybe yours will grow out of this, too?

Oliver was fairly jumpy - he would cry when people coughed or sneezed and hated anything like the hoover. Thankfully he grew out of it, I'm sure your LO will to. Have you tried white noise while she sleeps if she is waking because of noises?

I could have wrote this myself! Xavier is like that. I'm just hoping its a stage. White noise doesn't help as the noise he is scared of is sudden and loud.

Our little man is the same. He woke up when my mum coughed the other day and she felt terrible. Although the worst thing was when we went to a restaurant yesterday and it was a little noisy, so he cried his little heart out! It was a family meal and we had to stay outside until he was asleep. Bit of a nighmare so we hope he grows out of it too!

My lo does this too not as bad but still cries if we make him jump i was in the bath the other night and shouted for oh to bring him up stairs , oh had lo in his arms and they were quietly watching telly and he shouted back 'ok' .... Lo burst into tears lol Also I was round my parents house, the door bell goes off, the dog barks and makes him jump and tears again lol xxx

My LO is still like it, he hates noise and also hates being around a lot of people, I'm trying everything and making sure he's around lots of people. The thing is aswel music he loves and the louder the better its just people making noise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->