south wales/wales

Im live in Cwmbran. Devon girl originally but lived here 4 years. So hope i count x

I'm in Ceredigion. Truly the middle of nowhere! :hi:

im from pontardawe but orinally from portsmouth but been up here 3 yrs xx

Im Moving To Chepstow In About A Month xxx

I just moved back to North Wales after being in Northern Ireland for 8months....
:D

Hey! :hi: I live in Pembrokeshire, but spend a lot of time in Cardiff. :D

im from cardiff too anyone a regular on here ? xxx

I'm a Coity Crow and starting to use this more and more. I'm LTTTC too. We can share stories and support each other.

Lots of Babydust to you!
:thumbup:

Im from swansea and moving back on saturday!

I read your post a while ago and responded on a thread.

How are things with you? What stage are you at with your treatment? You were off to seek help from fs when I last read your post... any joy?

Keep us posted-I'm adding you as a B&B friend!

Babydust to you!
:thumbup:

(I'm in Barry)

I am messaging to urge you to unite and let your voice be heard for the future of Midwifery Services in Wales.

A report was published by the Royal College of Midwives quoting 'Wales is facing a significant midwife shortage; releasing new figures today the RCM says that Wales needs to increase its midwife numbers by over 10% - an extra 136 midwives - to keep pace with its rocketing birthrate.'

This may or may not directly affect you, but it will affect your children, sisters, aunties, grandchildren, friends, neighbours, basically every female you are in contact with will be at risk if this situation is not resolved. The NHS in Wales is largely controlled by the Welsh Assembly Government; people YOU and I voted in that are there to do things on OUR behalf - we have to tell them what we want and what they are doing wrong!

'Midwife shortages have a real and significant impact on the quality of care and the choices available to women. It means that women wanting and expecting a home birth may be denied one. It could mean midwife-led units close, permanently or temporarily, leaving many disappointed woman who wanted to give birth in them. Breastfeeding rates may not improve because there are not enough midwives to offer women the help and support they need, particularly in the postnatal period.'

We're all aware Llandough MLU closed recently despite our campaign, then we're told months later that there is a birth increase and more midwives are needed! We're not stupid - are we? We know it's not JUST midwives needed, the women need somewhere to birth too, if they're closing hospitals but telling us more women are birthing don't you think we should be questioning the logic behind these decisions?

Please do your bit, you're one person but together we're a strong voice - we need to unite as women, as people, and make sure we're heard.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->